Saturday, May 27, 2017

Field Day and Wedding Showers

So Friday was a super busy day for us. Colby had Field Day and I had volunteered to go help. Lindsay of course had to tag along with me. Such the life of the younger child! Anyway we arrived and got to hang out with his class in assembly for a bit before heading out to the playground and getting to work. The first hour or so they did relays. They played in teams according to grade. I don't think 3rd grade ever won any ...their class seems to argue and not cooperate with each other enough to win. After the relays they went to lunch. It was nice to get a reprieve from the heat and sit down. Lindsay and I were able to go sit and eat before the mad rush of school kids which was nice. I love their lunch lady!! After lunch they went back outside to recess. It was nice again to just chill while the kids played. We mostly just visited with Colby, Ella, and some of the other 3rd graders. After that they went back up closer to the buildings to play Slip N Slide Kickball and some other various games. It was during this time that I was really feeling the heat and just overall tired. Finally Lindsay got to go play on the WaterSlide before all the other kids got there. It was nice to see her getting to do something fun. She had a blast! She was such a trooper during the other events. She stuck by my side and was actually a great helper. The 3rd graders finally got their turn on the water slide and I just finally found a bench and sat down. The time seemed to go so slow and it was so hot. Finally Colby and some of his peers decided they were ready to dry off and change clothes. It was after that that I told Colby it was time to go. They still had about an hour of school left. They were going to go back out to the playground and have popsicles but I had had enough. I picked them up milkshakes and we came home to just chill out. It was a nice evening. Austin got home and we had chicken tacos. We did our usual movie night and watched Planes Fire and Rescue. 
Saturday goodness it was nice to sleep in! We did have to get moving fairly quickly though b/c we had a wedding shower to get to. The shower was for our Children's Pastor's fiancé Courtney. My dad came over to watch the kids and my mom and I attended the shower. The shower was nice and it was lovely to visit with the ladies and be without kids for a bit. I don't go to many of these things now I guess b/c my "age group" is out of weddings/having babies for the most part. Once we came home I just enjoyed a low key day around the house with the kids. 
Sunday was church...Austin was off and we both taught together in first service. We ended up having 14 kids. It was busy but I didn't feel as crazy as some other Sundays we've had lately. Its just still we are having so many kids I just wish we could get a 2 year old class going. That afternoon we just rested. Austin had to count so he was later getting in. It was lovely having no where else to be though the rest of the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment