Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Last Preschool Days and Teacher Appreciation

So this week is full of excitement. Its a busy week with Teacher Appreciation and the ending of preschool for Lindsay! Its so weird b/c last week was testing and its so hard to not already feel in summer mode. But this week has brought normalcy to Colby's schedule with tests and homework. Its hard to balance one still needing to focus and the other getting out and celebrating. 
So Tuesday was Lindsay's last full day and last day in uniform. We had to take pictures and commemorate the day. 
So as a I mentioned its Teacher Appreciation and I feel like I have fallen down on doing stuff like I used to but Monday I sent the kids to school with cards that said "Have a Cup of Coffee on Me" with $5 gift cards from PJs. Today I made Lindsay's teachers bath salts and gave them handwritten notes. Lindsay's class decided to all go in together to get a big gift card to give them so that was nice. 
I am still working on Colby's teacher but I think we will do a $25 gift card to Panera and a handwritten card. I wanted to do more but I am just running out of time and ideas. 
Anyway today Lindsay had Preschool Fun Day. This has been tradition at the school and in the past they have met at Chuck E. Cheese for this last day. I am so thankful that this year her teacher wanted to do something different and chose to do a Field Day type event at the school. I was so so glad! This event was so fun, easy, and cheap. It was also very low key. So I had been asked by her teacher to help with things. We had to get there early for set up. I was in charge of the Bubble Station and snacks. Anyway the kids came outside at about 9 and they played until about 11:45. They had a blast. I enjoyed interacting with the kids, teachers, and other parents. Days like that make me miss teaching. I am glad I get to be up there enough on special days. I think Lindsay really had a great time. She stuck close to her BFF Brielle the entire morning. Once they finished outside though she was ready to go. She wasn't interested in staying for lunch. I went on and brought her home so we could rest. I was so so tired after that. I guess being on my feet and in the sun/heat I was just flat exhausted. Plus dealing with a slight cold. She and I relaxed and watched tv until Colby got home. Anyway we had planned to skip church that night. I hated to miss 2 weeks in a row but with all of us dealing with slight colds and being so worn out from the activity that day I was glad we chose to stay in. I felt so drained that evening. It was nice to have a low key evening at the house. 
Thursday was another SUPER busy day for us. Now that Lindsay is out of school she gets to hang out with me. Austin was off but I let him have the house to himself. He had yard work to do and some errands. Therefore Lindsay got to teach music with me. She was super shy at first about being back at her old school but she finally warmed up and played with several of the kids during their "playtime". I couldn't get her to join a class though. I was hoping she would go hang out in Mrs. Breaux's room since those kids are actually her age. Anyway the first class the 3 year olds were crazy! I felt all "off" anyway b/c we couldn't get the DVD player to work so I was having to wing it. I felt really frazzled. Plus having Lindsay around just made it slightly more difficult even though she behaved great it was just the added worry. So the next class the 4s and 5s they were great. And Lindsay really enjoyed them. She hit it off with the kids and we had a lot of fun. That age really is my passion. I love 4 and 5 year olds! So the last class the baby class is always my least favorite. I hate saying that b/c they are so totally cute but its hard to get them to sit still and do much. Plus there are SO many of them! It just always feels out of control but I do the best I can. Finally towards the end of class they got the TV working! I felt bad it was just something silly that I couldn't figure out! Lindsay was having a meltdown though by the time they left. She said they were too loud and crazy! She was done by that point. I tried to tell her if she would have stayed outside with the big kids she would have more fun! 
Anyway we came home and it was nice having Austin here. He picked up Colby that afternoon. We had Pinewood Derby that night. It was so much fun! I just love our Scout family. This was our 3rd one to participate in. Its always such a fun event. Colby's car didn't place this year but he did win BEST DETAIL which I was proud of b/c he painted his car all on his own this year. Lindsay however won 1st place in the sibling division. I am not quite sure how she always has such a FAST car! Her car even ran neck and neck with the winner. It was a night of fun and laughter. I love the group of kids that they are growing up with. It was a long day but oh so fun and worth it! 
Friday was a SUPER busy day for us. It was the day of the Teacher Appreciation Lunch. I really had no idea how much I was stressed about it until it was over and I felt a deep relief. Anyway so we dropped Colby off and started unloading things. Lindsay once again was along for the ride. We were meeting a friend up there at 9 to decorate so we hung around and waited and waited. She was running late so finally we went to get coffee and she was there when we got back. Lindsay got to play with her daughter Eden though who is one of her friends/classmates. I was glad she had a playmate there. Once she arrived we were busy setting up. I really didn't expect for it to take the entire morning but it worked out fine. Around 11 though the worst storm came up and we were under tornado warnings and all kinds of crazy. The power even went out! Needless to say it became a very exciting and crazy lunch hour. The luncheon was still able to take place though which was good. We stayed out there in the lunch room to keep an eye on things while the teachers enjoyed their lunch. Melody and I ended up being asked to scoop ice-cream for the children who had the Positive Behavior Bands. Both Lindsay and Colby were able to get some ice-cream. After lunch they decided to call off school the rest of the day. Naturally as the kids were packing up though the lights came back on. I was thankful though to end the day early and get out of there and not have to get back out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment