Saturday, May 20, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend

So this Mother's day weekend was awesome! I am so thankful for the little people that call me mom. I am also so thankful for my mom and the inspiration and role model she has been to me and still is. I am also thankful for the many other women who have poured into my life. 
So back to the weekend! So Friday once we got home from the teacher's luncheon and all that it was nice to just relax and hang out. Austin ended up picking up BBQ that night for dinner. It was for sure nice to not have to cook and then nice to spend the evening together. We watched BRAVE for our family movie. 
Saturday the kids and I were able to sleep in and have a nice slow morning around the house. I feel like this is so few and far between that I really try to soak it up when the rarity happens. We left our house about 10:30 to go pick up my parents. I was dropping Colby and my dad off at Austin's hotel so they could go to the USM baseball game and have a guys night away. After we dropped them off Lindsay, my mom, and I went to Chickfila for lunch. It was nice to have that "girl time" as well. We ended up running into several people we knew. After a nice lunch and visit we had to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond for a shower gift. Lindsay was great and super patient while we did that. I feel like she's really had to be a tag along since she got out of school but she's been amazing with it. By the time we dropped my mom off and got home it was after 2 I believe. She and I decided to rest for awhile. Once we both got up I worked on things around the house while she played. We spent a little time outside then she wanted to watch Moana before bed. I really enjoyed the quiet and it was honestly probably a nice Mother's day present for me to have that chilled time. Once she got to bed I stayed up and watched a show and just enjoyed relaxing. 
Sunday was ofcourse Mother's Day. I was so relieved to not be teaching that morning. It was nice to go and know I could worship and truly relax. The worship service was wonderful and very inspiring. I felt with a renewed hope of why I do all that I do. The theme was basically impacting the next generation. After church we went to go eat lunch at the food court in Lakeside. It was nice b/c we could all get what we wanted. After that we had to go pick up Colby's new glasses. We got all that done and then came home to relax. That evening we had dinner over at Randall and Elizabeth's house. It was very nice to not have to cook and enjoy a meal with the family. We have hosted the last few holidays at our house. Well Christmas and Easter oh and Halloween so it was wonderful to go to their house. They also have a lovely back yard so we enjoyed eating outside and visiting! The kids had a blast as well and Lindsay even wanted to spend the night! 
It was a great weekend and I am so thankful for the 2 that call me mom. They are growing into such big kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment