Sunday, May 28, 2017

Last Days and Awards

This past week ended the 2016-2017 school year for us. Even though Lindsay had been out 2 weeks Colby was still going. Monday they had a regular school day. Lindsay and I had to get cupcakes for Colby's class then go grocery shopping. Once we finished all that we came home and Lindsay's little friend Claire and her mom came to visit. They ended up staying over 2 hours! The girls had a blast and I was glad to get to do something fun for just Lindsay. With all of the end of the school year activities she has been my tag along and I feel we haven't just had like a big fun day with her. It did make for a short and busy afternoon though. In fact after I got Colby home I told the kids I was going to lay down and rest a bit before cooking dinner. 
Tuesday was another whirlwind day! I dropped Lindsay off with my parents that morning while I met some friends for coffee. It was nice to visit with Abby and Jenn outside of the "school" atmosphere. After I picked her up and she and I ran errands. We rushed home and scooped up Allie and got her to the vet then we went to Target to get camping stuff. After we had just enough time for lunch at Chickfila. I tried to really enjoy that time with her knowing that our "Alone girl time" is quickly coming to an end. With summer and then next year her being in kinder we won't get as much free time =(. We got Colby and came home to enjoy a long afternoon. It was so nice having him home by 1. I honestly still wish we had a day like that every week. Its just nice to get caught up on house things and rest without having to make that late afternoon trip to go get him. Anyway that night Austin left to go to Hattiesburg to prepare for the camping trip. I had the kids in bed early b/c I had VBS work to do and I was so tired and just wanted some downtime. They were apparently tired too b/c I didn't hear a peep out of them! 
Wednesday was Awards Day and the Last Day of school! I cannot believe how quickly this year flew and that now I have a 4th grader and kindergartner. So crazy to me! Anyway the Awards Ceremony was so special. I look forward to the end of the year one. I wasn't sure if Colby would get Honor Roll and it turns out he didn't. Its ok though he made it twice this year and I was super proud of him. Well when it got to be the reading awards he got one of those! I was so proud!! His reading has really come a LONG way this year! He had earned a math award in first grade and now the reading one. Basically that means that in 1 school year they grew more then a year in either of those subjects. Well the very last award given and I love this...is the Fruit of the Spirit Award. Well Colby has never received it but this year he did! I was so proud of him! I could hardly contain my tears! He has such a sweet heart and I am so thankful that his teacher and school can see it shining through. Basically the Award is given to one student in each grade and they say its the student who most exhibits character and the Fruit of the Spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, etc. Of all the things he could earn this was the best! I mean we are proud of him when he makes good grades but those things fade away. It was just an affirmation of everything we've tried to teach him. I am so thankful that he not only gets these things at home but also at school. Anyway and after he received the award he went and gave his teacher the biggest, most sweetest hug ever!! So after Awards we loaded up with the kiddos and Ella. We were off to go camping! More on that in the next post............

No comments:

Post a Comment