Saturday, May 6, 2017

Testing Week & That Busy Life

Well this week is testing week at the school. Ofcourse Colby is testing but Lindsay is not. Monday was of course Austin's b-day and I blogged about that already. 
Tuesday I had Bible study. I have really enjoyed this study. Most of my friends were out but I still enjoyed the time and fellowship with the ladies who were there. I came home and had a brief couple hours to hang out before going back. Colby had a kickball game at 2 so it was a very short afternoon. I checked Lindsay out early too since she wasn't napping. She got to play with her friend Mia so she enjoyed that. The kickball games went well and Colby played really well. I am so proud of him. He's not really athletically inclined but he's stuck with it and tried his best and that's all we can ask. Its been perfect for him too b/c its gotten him playing a team sport but it hasn't been stressful. We got home that afternoon and I cooked a big dinner of chicken tenders, mac n cheese, and green beans. We were also able to take a family bike ride again that night! Its been so nice lately that Austin has been home in time to eat dinner with us. Such a blessing! 
Wednesday I got the kids to school and I had signed up to do hall monitor that day. It actually wasn't too bad. It went by surprisingly fast. I brought my Bible study to work on so between that and getting to visit with a couple people and watching the classes it was a busy and quick morning. The weather started to get bad though towards the end of testing and it looked as if it was going to rain the rest of the day so I made the decision to just check both kids out early and go home. i was thankful that we had no where else to be. We had already planned to miss church so that Colby wouldn't be out super late on testing week. His kickball game too was also cancelled. It was so nice to have them home and have a laid back afternoon. It did end up storming all afternoon and night though. We were able to take a walk/bike ride in a break of the storms though. We had baked potatoes for dinner. 
Thursday was back to the crazy/busy! I had music class that morning. We found out that once again Colby's kickball game would be cancelled. I was sorta relieved though bc it mad the day a little less crazy. Music class went well. I have really enjoyed that job this year. I cannot believe how fast the year has gone though! That afternoon I relaxed until time to get the kids. I picked them up we came home for about an hour break before getting dressed to head back out again. I sure have enjoyed the last 2 weeks that Colby hasn't had homework! We met our friends Melissa, Jackson, and Preston at Cane's for dinner before Scouts. I hate cooking on Scout nights b/c its so hard to get it all done. It was nice to visit with her and Colby really enjoyed hanging out with Jackson. I am really hoping the 2 of them can grow closer and that can be a little friend for him to hang out with. Scouts that night was fun. The boys and little sisters worked on painting cars. They had a great time! I cannot wait for the race next week! 
Friday (The last day of testing Hallelujah)! Well the day ended up being a little disappointing b/c Lindsay was supposed to have a field trip the YMCA which we were super excited about. Well it got cancelled b/c of the "cold front" that came through. During the time of the field trip it would have been in the 60s which I guess they assumed was too cold for swimming. I told Lindsay she could just stay with me on Friday since I had already planned out my morning to be with her plus since I figured they wouldn't do much in school since the teachers were planning on a field trip day. She and I didn't do much but we had a nice morning together. She requested breakfast at McDonald's which is where we started our day. Then we went to the bank and Walmart. Nothing fancy! I had wanted to take her to the park b/c it was beautiful outside but she didn't want to go alone. Colby had a kickball championship at 12:30 but I never could get a straight answer from the school if it was happening or not. We decided to skip it and relax at home. She ended up falling asleep on the drive to get him. We were all happy to see the weekend arrive! 


No comments:

Post a Comment