Monday, May 8, 2017

Sweet Simple Weekend

This weekend has been a very quiet and simple one and for that I am thankful! Friday after we picked Colby up from school we just had a low key afternoon/evening. Austin got in in time to have dinner with us and then we enjoyed outdoor time together. And of course we had movie night! 
Saturday the kids and I had no plans! I was so happy to not have anywhere to be or rush off to! I asked the kids what they wanted to do. They ended up choosing the park first. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed watching them just play at the park. I have always been so thankful for days like that. They played so well together all day. After the park they decided to go on to the Library. Again I was happy to oblige. The park and library are a few of my favorite places. They were both anxious to check out new books. I am so thankful that they both love reading. Colby has just really taken off this year in his reading and he flies through chapter books. Our next errand was to get gift cards for their teachers. We then stopped at Panera Bread for lunch. Its so sweet being able to take them out to lunch now. I just sit back and realize sometimes that they are truly big kids! We had a nice lunch then we came home to relax. I truly love weekends that are focused on rest. The kids played great all day. Austin got home early and fried fish for us! It was a great day! We tried to go on another bike ride but I had a tire blow out so the boys got to go and us girls came home. I hope Austin can get it fixed soon b/c I have the bike riding bug! 
Sunday Austin was off. Its always nice to have him home and go to church as a family. I had to teach first service though. I had a helper this week though so he got to go into church. I was glad he was able to take a break from helping me. I love his help but I feel like we are both getting burnt out lately. Anyway the morning went pretty well. We had 14 again though so it was kinda hectic. I really wish we would split the class. I feel like with 7 you could be so much more intentional. I feel like right now I just barely can keep my head above water and I am constantly rushing around I don't get much time to spend one on one with the kids. After church though we went over to Metairie to eat lunch at Zoe's Kitchen then to order Colby some new glasses. After an hour in the eye glass place we decided to treat the kids with ice cream on our way home. It was a lovely day but we were all ready to get home and take it easy. We rested then cleaned for about an hour before we took the kids outside to swim and play. We then grilled burgers and took another walk/bike ride. 
I am so thankful that in the midst of a really busy and crazy season of life that we had this weekend to just be still and enjoy one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment