Saturday, September 16, 2017

A Much Better Week

So after a few rough weeks I feel like we are finally clicking and things have improved greatly! The month of August was so stressful with getting back into school routines and Lindsay's surgery! I just felt like I was going non-stop. I felt already burnt out and we had only been in school a month! 
We are fully into our fall routines now but I think we have all adjusted! 
Monday Austin was off...he and I spent the day together. It felt really good to have the day with him. We went out to the Scout store to get Colby's stuff for his upcoming year as a Webelo. We then went grocery shopping. We got home and worked on some projects around the house and just enjoyed hanging out. Its really nice to have him home on a week day. That evening we had a nice night. He grilled steaks, we had mashed potatoes, and green beans as well. The kids played outside a lot and then there was a SAINTS game on tv. It was all around just a fun fall day/night! 
Tuesday it was back to routines! I had Bible study though. I was glad to be back and not have to leave out early this week. We are doing a 3 leader study and its been really great so far! That afternoon I was able to have some time around the house which is always helpful before picking the kids up. Tuesday nights are pretty low key which I like. Austin has Men's Group and I honestly kinda enjoy the quiet nights with the kids. I made jambalaya then we went for a walk. They were pretty much ready for bed by the time he got home. 
Wednesday was an amazing day for me! It was my dream Stay at home Mom day! I love when I don't have anything going on on a Wednesday. I went to SAM's first thing then came home. I changed into my workout clothes and took Allie for a walk. I wish I could do this more mornings but I am always excited when the stars align and I am able to do it. I got home and had a very productive day of housework and lesson planning. I also got to rest! I used to feel very guilty about napping but I have learned that God gives me quiet days and I need to use them. I rested up so that when the kids got home I would be ready to hit the ground running with them. We of course had church. Its hard sometimes to head off at night like that but the kids love it and I love being there. Its refreshing to see everyone then to be upstairs in Jumpstart. Lindsay's little friend Maribelle from school was there so it was nice to see her playing with a school friend. Colby mostly hung out with Makyrin and Ella. Our little group of girls is so sweet and I enjoy getting to know them as well. 
Well Thursday was a Marathon day for me! I had first off had music class. I am really loving being back with my preschoolers! Its exhausting but it really is something I enjoy doing. So far I feel like things are overall going so much smoother this year too! I have been able to accomplish a lot with them in just 2 weeks. They have already learned so much! After music class I ended up meeting some friends for lunch. It was a blast! Its not something I would want to do every week since I treasure my time at home but it was fun to catch up with some mom friends over lunch. It was a great stress reliever! After that I came home for about 2 hours before it was time to head out to go pick up the kids. Thursday afternoons are always crazy b/c we have to get through homework, dinner, and then be out the door by 6 for scouts! We made it though. Even though its a lot I really am glad for my boy to be back in Scouts. Colby is a Webelo this year! Its crazy to think he's in his 4th year of scouting. Its been so great for him though! We have 10 boys now in our den! They mostly went over "rules and guidelines" for how they should act at meetings. They then quickly went over some First Aid things. I am excited about all he will be learning again this year. And he loves the time with his buddies! Lindsay was also happy to hang with the little sisters! 



No comments:

Post a Comment