Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Weekend Slow Down

So this past weekend we were able to slow down a tad which was so nice. Friday I went shopping at Target then came home to enjoy most of the day home by myself. It was lovely! It was much needed. That afternoon after picking up the kids we came home and first off worked on school stuff. Colby had a big science project due so we worked a bit on that. That evening I cooked spaghetti and we were able to eat dinner as a family. We got a little outdoor time in before movie night as well. Austin came home to do yard work. The weather has been amazing so that was nice. 
Saturday we woke up and had no where to rush off too. That was really great. It seems like lately we have been so busy that I think the kids and I just needed a leisure morning in our pjs. Once again Colby had homework to do so he and I worked on that a bit before getting dressed. We had a b-day party to attend at 12. I was in a way looking forward to the party b/c it was somewhere we could go to without being a major production but the kids weren't super excited so I felt like in a way I was dragging them off somewhere they didn't want to be. Well we ended up getting there and having a great time. It was for a little boy named Miles at our church. He and Lindsay are the same age...well he just turned 5 but they are both in kindergarten. They have known each other forever! Also he and his big brother I've taught in clubhouse and even started having the little brother Rett before I took a break. Anyway I knew it was a party we should go to. The party was nice and very low key. Which I loved! The kids mostly did their thing while I visited with some friends. We stayed about 2 hours. Colby was invited to another party that afternoon for a classmate but I knew we couldn't do 2 parties. I've always told the kids we just can't make every. single. birthday. party. Plus we were invited to Miles' b-day first. Anyway we came home and worked on Colby's project and relaxed. Austin was going up to Hattiesburg for the game so we had a chill night at home. I picked Chickfila up for the kids. It was nice just having some downtime. I enjoyed our trip last weekend but it takes so much out of me when we travel like that. Anyway we were able to get outside and even take a walk after dinner. 
Sunday Austin met us at church for the 1st service. After church we went to Ground Pattie to eat lunch before coming home. Again we relaxed and mainly worked on Colby's project. The kids spent some time outside again. We have been blessed with such lovely weather! 
It was really a good weekend and I am thankful we had the time to stop and relax some. I mean we had Colby's homework but because we worked on it all weekend we were able to sit down and work in little bits at a time. That's what works best for him. He gets overwhelmed and tired when its a lot at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment