Saturday, September 23, 2017

Another Week full of Fun and Busy

Wow so here we are another week almost under our belts! I feel like they are flying by! Anyway Monday started our week out well with Austin being off! I went grocery shopping then came home. He and I spent some time together. We took a walk then came home and hung out. He picked up salads for us for lunch so we ate those and watched tv. I love stay home/low key days with him! That afternoon he picked up the kids. I enjoyed a little bit more of quiet before the crazy! Colby had a lot of homework so I worked with him on that while Austin cooked. That night we had a nice home cooked meal of ribs, mac n cheese, green beans, corn, and corn bread. We were able to spend time outside as well! I love our Monday afternoons b/c the rest of the week is always crazy! 
Tuesday it was back to routine. I had Bible study and the kids had school. It was a good morning learning and fellowshipping with the ladies. I am also thankful for the couple hours I have by myself at home after. That evening Austin worked late but he didn't go to his Men's Group so he was home a tad earlier than normal. The kids and I had a low key night though and also again enjoyed some outdoor time. 
Wednesday was full on BUSY! So the kids had Parent Visit Day at their school. I always enjoy this day. I cannot believe this was my 5th one. It was Colby's 5th and Lindsay's 2nd. My mom also joined us again this year since Austin had an interview that morning. I hate for the kids to feel left out so it works out well that they can both have an adult visitor for the entire morning. We started the morning in Assembly. I tried to go back and forth to both their tables and see them and their friends. Fortunately both of their tables are near each other so that made it easy. Well once it was time to split off into their classes I went with Lindsay and my mom went with Colby. We started the morning with Chapel. The Chapel was very cute. Kindergarten has chapel downstairs with the preschool still. My mom got to see Jumpstart Chapel. After that we went back to the kindergarten room for class. During that time my mom got to see Colby in class and in computer to take a math test. Lindsay's class worked on phonics. I enjoyed watching all the ways her teacher is teaching them how to read. They sounded out blends and then had a chance to make words with some cut out letters they had on their desk. It was fun and interactive! After that they went to library and Colby's class went to PE. My poor mom got to go to PE with both of them. Library was fun...their theme this week was camping so she read "Going on a Bear Hunt" with them and they played a couple games after that. Once that was over it was time for my mom and I to switch. From there she got to go outside with Lindsay's class for PE and I went upstairs to see Colby's class in action. During their class time they reviewed math. They did a Mad Minute then played a game. It was fun just seeing the class in action. I really love his teacher and classmates this year. They all just seem so sweet. After that his class went to library. Again they read "Going on a Bear Hunt" and a couple other books I hadn't heard but they all were about outside or camping. I think some of the kids were a little bored but I think it was a nice downtime for them. I think even big kids like being read to. By the time that was over it was time to say goodbye. I was able to sneak a peek at Lindsay too before I left. It was a fun morning but I was exhausted when I got home. Not to mention I got home around 12 and then had to eat and I felt like most of my day was gone. I did appreciate my parents getting the kids though b/c that extended my day a bit. That night we had church. The kids are always excited about that even though it makes for a long day. I am glad they love going to church. They also love the friend time. They both lucked out and had their best friends there that night. Such a blessing! I taught the girls class. That night we combined k-5th grade. I felt like they "got" the lesson and things went well. I can tell though some of the 5th grade girls are "over jumpstart" its the same look/feeling you get with the 5 year olds in clubhouse. They are just bored and ready to move on to something else. 
Thursday another full day! Well I got asked that morning to sub instead of teach music. I was a little disappointed but figured it would be fine. And it was there were no major issues all morning until the end. I subbed the 2-3 year old class. Its basically got 2 1/2 year olds up to early 3s. Well there are still several in there wearing diapers so I had to change 2 dirty diapers which really isn't my thing! UGH I couldn't do that every day! Anyway the kids were cute though and mostly well behaved. At the end of the day though I had the kids in circle time and they were all doing so well. Well the class across the hall uses the little potty between my room and the other room. Well kids were coming back and forth so I didn't think too much of it. One little girl from my class said she had to potty but then she said someone was in there so I was just like wait until they get out. Finally she went in so I assumed whoever was in there was finished and out. Well in the process her mom came to get her. Well I really didn't know any of the parents so I was like oh she's in the potty. Well then she came out and behind her came another little girl from across the hall. That little girl had her panties and shorts down to her ankles and acted completely oblivious. Well I felt so bad that I seemed so flustered when that mom got there. So after she left I was making sure her little girl didn't leave anything and then I am trying to usher the little girl back across the hall. Well as I cross the room I see water everywhere in the bathroom and it slowly seeping under the wall. OMG she flooded the bathroom. So I quickly got the director and got all the kids across the hall so they wouldn't slip down. Whew! That was quite a way to end the day. I was so anxious to get home and relax after that. I didn't have long before it was time to go get the kids. We came home and did homework and I started on their dinner. It was scout night. Well the night before Lindsay didn't sleep well and she hadn't been eating well so I really felt like she needed a night home. I had told her if Austin was able to get home in time that she would stay home with me. We usually all try to go to Scouts since it is a "family atmosphere" but I felt it was in our best interest to stay in. I was so thankful! She and I caught up around the house then I worked on Bible study while she played then we just kinda relaxed and hung out until the boys got here. Well they got in and Colby was in an awful mood. Apparently he had forgotten his book there and Austin was telling him the importance of responsibility and he got all upset. Anyway from there I was definitely ready to get them all to bed! LONG day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment