Thursday, September 7, 2017

Labor Day Weekend

After the week we had I was so glad it was the weekend and a LONG weekend at that. We had debated leaving Friday afternoon/evening to go to Hattiesburg but we ended up opting to leave early Saturday. Austin had a really busy day at work and with all we had going on here I felt like we all needed that extra night at home. When the kids got home from school I had them both sit down and do some math even though it was a Friday. It was quick and easy I just wanted them both to have a little extra practice. Colby just needs to build his confidence with math facts and work on taking his time and writing neatly. That night Austin picked up dinner for us which was nice. He brought home Chili's. We ate and then did movie night. We watched the Lion King. I was so happy to see that movie again! It had been forever!! 
Saturday we were up bright and early. In fact I had set my alarm for 6. We were wanting to get on the road since we were heading up for a football game. We got the kids up about 7 and got them dressed and loaded up the van and headed out right about 8. We stopped first at Chickfila for breakfast though. The car ride up went fast and the kids were great. We got to the apartment and unloaded and spent a few minutes visiting with my parents. Yes, they were already up there. We then went by to visit with Austin's mom. We could only stay about an hour though. We did get to see his sister's whole family and his mom which was nice. We left at 12 and went back to the apartment to freshen up and head out to the game. We got to the game a few minutes before 12. We got to see the Eagle walk and walk around a bit. From there my dad, myself, and Lindsay decided to go on up to the seats. We hung out and visited then ate our lunch. Colby and Austin went to find Austin's boss who was there tailgating with Kentucky people. We enjoyed the lunch provided in the club level. They had burgers, sausage, mac n cheese, potato salad, etc. The kids also love the popcorn mix and candy! The game didn't start until 3 so it felt like we had a lot of time to just hang out but it went by pretty fast. The game was a LONG game! It didn't end until about 7. They lost but it was still a good game. I was so proud of the kids how well they hung in there. The end was HOT! Our seats were right in the sun for the last quarter. We got back to the apartment and picked up sandwhiches to eat. I think we were all dead tired so we just took shifts in the bath and getting ready for bed. I think we all passed out that night! 
Sunday it felt good to sleep in! It was also nice to not be in a rush. We were going to church with Austin's mom but their church doesn't start until 11 so we had a relaxing morning. Austin picked up some pastries and coffee for us at Panera. I helped Colby with some of his social studies homework and we just hung out. We got to the church about 10:40. It wasn't long before Wendi and her family arrived. The kids did really good in church considering they hardly ever sit in church with us! It was neat being in a different atmosphere. I enjoyed the service but I also really missed my own church. After church we went with his mom to eat at Olive Garden. I think she enjoyed having us all in and part of her Sunday routine. After lunch we split ways and went back to the apartment to cool off and change clothes. We ended up hanging out and resting for about an hour and a half. We got up and ready and went to the ZOO about 3. The kids have been there a couple times and always enjoy it when we go. It was a little hot but not terrible in the shade. They had a blast checking out all the animals. Around 4:30 we decided to head back to his mom's house. Well she wasn't home so we went to the apartment to let the kids swim. I stayed in the apartment while Austin took them to the pool. I enjoyed the alone time and catching up on my Bible study. Austin's mom ended up coming there to watch them as well. We then picked up chicken and went to her house to have dinner and hang out. We stayed until about 7 but then we were all so tired we went to the apartment for the night. It had been a full 2 days! 
The next morning we set our alarms again at 6. We wanted to get home in plenty of time to have some time around the house. We left about 8. We stopped and had donuts at Krispy Kreme on the way out of town though. We got home about 10. Ofcourse there was lots to do. Well tempers got the best of us all and Austin and I ended up having a little fight. It was probably the worst we had had in awhile. I think we were both just tired/hungry and felt a lot of stress with all the upcoming things we have going on. Things finally calmed and we had lunch and then all took a rest. It was nice to be home and relax. That afternoon we went over to my parent's house for Labor Day celebrations with them. We had dinner with everyone. It was great visiting. I always love when we are all together. I guess the last time was Colby's b-day. It seemed like there was plenty of catching up. I feel bad b/c we never did get to take the kids swimming but I think we were all so tired and with it being in the evening it just seemed like too much. We had a nice time though. We got home in time for baths/bed. 
We had a great Labor Day weekend and I feel like we accomplished a lot! It wasn't relaxing but it was a nice change of pace. It was nice to get out of town and get away from "school" for a few days! Now we have a month until fall break so I know we will be ready again for another break when that rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment