Sunday, September 10, 2017

Back to the Busy Life

So we had a wonderful but busy Labor Day weekend. There wasn't much time to recover from that before we jumped straight into the craziness of the week and the start to many fall activities. 
Tuesday everyone was back to work/school. I had Bible study. I was glad to be back in that routine after missing the week before. The only thing I had to leave early so I felt a little on edge all morning. I missed most of the video which is always a bummer. The reason I had to leave is b/c I had a work thing. This was the Parent Coffee/Meet n Greet day at Aurora. I had been asked to help out. Well I ended up helping out in the 1 year old room. I stayed busy the whole hour. I mostly carried around this little boy who was 9 months old and played with Nolan who is the little brother of one of Lindsay's besties. It was fun but also exhausting. By the time I got home I was tired and hungry and wanted to relax. That evening we were busy with homework and such. I picked dinner up at Panera Bread for the kids b/c Austin had small group and I hadn't been to the grocery yet. The kids and I had a nice night in. We played outside a bunch and it was nice to have that slow down. 
Wednesday turned into quite a busy day for me. First off I had to do my grocery shopping. I really don't like going mid-week like that. Wednesdays are usually my free/quiet days! Anyway so I got that done then I only had about 2 hours from the point I put everything away until it was time for me to leave again. I did enjoy the 2 hours though! I had to leave though at 12 to go pick Lindsay up so she could go to her post-op appointment. My mom wanted to ride over with me so it was nice having her and some company along for the afternoon. We got to the hospital right about 1 and her appointment was at 1:30. By the time we made our way up to the clinic it was 1:15. I was hoping it would be quick but the waiting room was packed! I don't think we even got called back until 2. We got in the room and the nurse pulled her bandages off and looked at the scar, then a doc assistant/student came in, then FINALLY the surgeon. It was good to see him again! He's so sweet and friendly. Lindsay was pretty shy throughout. I think she would have been less clingy if my mom wouldn't have been there but oh well! So we headed home and got to our house around 3. Again it was fun having my mom around a little while. We visited and Lindsay did some art and I studied the lesson for church. My dad brought Colby home around 3:45. From there it was a quick turn around to get ready for church. I honestly had thought about skipping but we had missed the night before so I knew we really needed to go. We had a good night and I think the kids enjoyed themselves. Colby's little buddies haven't been there much lately but atleast he has Ella. Lindsay had Genevieve and Ebbie so she was happy about that! Our little class that night had 11-12 little girls in it. They are all so sweet and cute! I am really enjoying getting to know that age group. That night we got in and Colby still had some homework to do. They don't normally give homework on Wednesdays but due to the volume of homework Colby is having this year we usually end up working on something on Wednesday to just spread it out. 
Thursday was my "working day". I honestly was dreading getting back to this routine a bit. Its just so hard getting up on Thursdays after a busy Wednesday. Anyway I have to say though I really had a good time teaching though and the kids were great! I feel like things just "clicked" this year as well. We changed the room where we meet and so I loved this room a lot better. Its closer to the school and I don't feel so secluded for one thing. Its also cleaner feeling. They also got me these circle things I can use for the kids to sit on. That worked really well. It kept them from moving around the room and wanting to stand on top of each other. I had 4 classes this year instead of 3 which was a little more work. My voice felt like it was about gone by the time I finished! But it was nice to have smaller groups of kids this year. Once I got home I was so hungry and tired. I ate lunch and pretty much passed out on the couch. That afternoon was of course really busy as well. After homework it was a marathon to feed the kids and get to Scouts. This was our first meeting this fall. It was mostly a preview for the adults. I am looking forward to getting back to this even though it makes for an even crazier week, but Colby loves it so much. It was so fun seeing him and his buddy Nijel together. Since Nijel isn't at school this year and doesn't come to church as often he seems a little bummed a lot. So it was fun seeing them reunited. 
Once we were past Thursday night I felt like I could finally relax a little! I sure was looking forward to the weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment