Monday, September 7, 2009

BUGS and more BUGS!







Austin was off Friday so we decided to take Colby to the bug museum. We had also never been ourselves. So we headed out bright and early to take this trip. We have been wanting to take Colby somewhere fun for quite a few weeks. Anyway we got there and it was pretty crowded. There was a middle school in front of us so they had the place pretty packed. We were able to scoot around finally though and move away from them. I think Colby enjoyed the outing. He loves being walked around in his stroller. I made the mistake though of giving him his sippy cup when we got in. I thought he would be hot and thirsty since we had to park a few blocks away and walk in. Plus he is weaning off the morning bottle so I figured he would want a little drink. Well little did I know that this started a battle throughout the whole museum. He wanted only to hold onto his "big boy" cup. I am glad he is getting so attached to the cup in some ways so hopefully it means taking the bottle away will be easier. But right now he pretty much only downs juice. He won't really do milk in the cup. Maybe one day when he's really thirsty I dunno. I haven't tried weaning him off completely yet. Well needless to say he held the cup the whole time. I don't think he noticed too many of the bugs though since they are so small. He enjoyed though when we would let him out of the stroller and he could "touch" things. His favorite part of the trip was the butterfly room. I have to say it was my favorite too. They have about 400 butterflies flying around and flowers and plants and even a little pond. Its a very cool place. He was very curious I think with the flying butterflies and he has always loved flowers so this was right up his alley! We took him into the cafe at the end and he had a snack of goldfish. They have bugs to sample but Austin was the only brave one to try that! Maybe when Colby is a little older he will be adventurous also!



Afterwards we took Colby to McAlister's. And man was he a pill. He sometimes is really good in restaurants and other times he wants no part of it! Well this day he wanted nothing to do with it. I think he was so tired from all the bug fun though. We ordered him Mac n cheese off the kids menu (which most of the time he loves) but it was a struggle to get that in him then he didn't want their applesauce at all. Well this left a very frustrated mommy. These days I don't think eating out is really worth it b/c I don't feel like I get to enjoy it. I feel like I scarf down my food while trying to keep a 1 year old fed and happy at the same time! This is why I would just rather eat in! much easier! If Colby pitches a fit its ok or we can let him play or sleep while we eat! Maybe one day eating out will be fun again haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment