Friday, September 18, 2009

Testing Mommy's patience


Well I am sure you all can tell from the previous posts that this has been a trying week. Colby and I have both been a little under the weather and it just seems like this week has drug on and we just haven't been able to get out of this "funk" that we are in! I woke up today feeling much better and thought hey this will be a good day! Little did I know haha...well I got up and got myself and Colby ready so we could go to the store. I hadn't been to the grocery in like 2 weeks. We have also been doing poorly on our eating this week...we had eatin out or picked food up almost all week mainly b/c I have been sick and not feeling like cooking or going to the grocery. Besides a couple breakfasts I hadn't cooked at all. So today I went to the store with my planned out menu and was very proud. Well Colby was pretty good at the store...he has learned though how to reach behind him and chunk things out of the basket which is kinda a pain but other then that he did good. So we got home and unloaded everything then played before lunch. My thoughts were still thinking hey this is a good day we had already gotton a lot done and I was looking forward to a healthy lunch (sandwhich, carrot sticks, peaches, and a sugar cookie) =). Well no sooner then I had Colby about asleep while drinking his milk the doorbell rang. It was our lawn company b/c our grass has all of a sudden died. They were coming to spray. So I had to get up set Colby down and answer the door, go unlock the gate, and put Allie away. Well all this activity must have hyped Colby up b/c after that he didn't seem like he was ready to nap at all. Well I went on and put him in his bed, made my lunch and settled down to eat when the phone rang (stupid wrong number). I sit down again to eat and the doorbell rings. Again its the lawn people telling me we have some type of worm in our yard. Oh goodie! Well all of this again I'm sure disturbed Colby. Well he went down for his nap around 12:30 or so. At around 2 I already heard him playing. I thought that was not a long enough nap at all. He should have slept until 3:30! Well I waited until about 2:45 then I thought I would be nice and go get him and let him lay with me on the couch and we would both rest for 30 min or so. Well that did not work! All he did was squirm around. So finally I just got him up and was going to let him play until about 4:45 then I would lay him down for a little while before dinner. Well he was playing and knocked a hUGE glass of icewater over! This did not set well with me at all! I know it probably was an accident but I put him back in his bed for 45 minutes. I figured he needed the rest plus a time out for playing with things he shouldn't be. Well again he did not sleep! So Austin came home and rescued me by playing with him for a bit. Then we ate dinner and he worked in the yard. Colby probably slept for about 15 minutes while we ate but that was it! So he was quite cranky tonight! I was so glad to see him go to bed! I always feel bad after a day like this but man did he put me through it today! I know he doesn't mean too but gosh he is exausting some days! I know my patience is running low anyway though from being sick! I am just praying we can start tomorrow on a good note and have a great week next week. Tomorrow Austin and my dad are headed up the USM game (we were all supossed to go this weekend). But I decided with the week we had that I really didn't feel like adding anymore stress to my life! So tomorrow Colby and I are going to spend a couple hours in the morning at my mom's visiting with her. Then we will come home and he will (hopefully nap) and I will watch the game on TV! Well that's all for now! Hopefully my next post will be a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment