Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gymrompers/MOPS Round 2

So this has been a great week for us and busy again! Yesterday was Gymrompers. Colby did great! After last weeks episode of crying due to the juice spilled all over him it was a big relief for me! He was into doing everything and didn't act afraid at all. Its amazing how far he has come since we first started going back in June. He began Gymrompers at 11 months now he is 14 months and he has learned so much! I think he impressed everyone with his walking skills too! He walked everywhere. There were 2 other kids there. I really think Colby is more advanced then the others. Not b/c I am partial but he actually participates in the circle time more so then the other 2. He was also the youngest but the only one that I ever heard actually "talk." He is really into saying "touch" these days. This is due to my parents haha but he wants to walk around and touch everything! Its really cute he just wants to learn you can tell!
Well today was MOPS! I was really excited b/c last time was so fun and Colby did well too! Well the group meeting went pretty well. We discussed safety and CPR on little ones. It was pretty informative to be refreshed on these things. Well at close to 11 a lady appears at the door with Colby and another little girl. Well Colby was really crying. So I went and got him she said they weren't able to calm him down. I asked if she had tried giving him his blanket and she said no. Well I was a little more discouraged this week with the childcare situation. First when I was dropping him off I felt like they were pushing me out the door. And believe me I am not a mom who is going to stand around and watch their kid I have been in the teacher place and I know this is not helpful. All I was trying to do was get Colby signed in and settled. I barely had time to set him down and give him his juice. Well I gave him his cup b/c this is what seemed to calm him last week and immediately the lady took it away saying he didn't need that right now. I mean really? He is 1 if the cup makes him feel more secure let him have it plus this is the time when he drinks his juice. He doesn't do milk anymore in the morning so usually about 30 min or so after breakfast is when he will lay down and drink his juice! Well that kinda preturbed me but I didn't think too much of it since last week they said he did well. Plus last week when I picked him up he had his blankie so I figured they would find that again and give it to him! Oh well I know these things will arise more and more the more often he gets left but I guess the protector in me just wants to say fine and leave him with my parents from now on! But I know in my mind I can't do that b/c he needs to get used to the preschool environment. Especially considering I might put him in Mother's Day Out next year. He usually is pretty good at church and I thought he was good last time at MOPS so I hope this doesn't become a norm for him! Well I guess its just all part of mommyhood and we have to take it one day at a time. But I am glad we got to get out this morning and he should take a good nap after all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment