Friday, September 11, 2009

Gymrompers and MOPS











Wow this has been quite a busy week for us! Wednesday Colby started back to Gymrompers! I was really excited because he had so much fun over the summer and learned so much! He seemed to be really excited to be back as well. He seemed more confident and wanted to try new things. He also as always was very attentive during the circle time portion. He is always the only one that sits and participates! I hope that is a sign of things to come when he starts school! Right now he is just so excited to learn and I love that! Austin got to go with us since he was off all week. I think he also enjoys seeing Colby have fun there! There was only 1 other little girl though in his class which was dissapointing! I figured it would be a bigger crowd being in the fall and all when older siblings are back in school. I talked to the teacher and we may switch him to the Tuesday class if more kids don't show up. I wouldn't mind at all. They said there were 5 or more in the Tuesday class. So if our Wednesdays opened back up we would start going to the library again! Which would be good! I really enjoyed the story time too.




Thursday was MOPS for Colby and I! I think we both had a great time! I have heard such great things about it. Colby did fine being dropped off...he kinda wanted to cry when he could tell he was being left but I got his sippy cup out and he went and sat in the teacher's lap and started playing. They said he did really well too. He was crying when I got there but I think it was b/c other kids were crying and some were already being picked up so I'm sure he saw other mommies and wondered where his was. I enjoyed my part though meeting other moms and just having a couple hours of adult conversation! I think it will be good for him and I. I think it will make being a stay at home mom easier knowing that I have something to look forward to. I really liked my group I got paired with. Hopefully I will form some lasting friendships here. I am really glad about Colby getting a preschool type experience. Even though he stays in the nursery at church he is often the only child. And next year I think I am going to place him in Mother's Day Out twice a week so this is kind of a warm up to that! I just can't believe my little baby is so big! Well the pictures included are from Gymrompers and MOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment