Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Football + Family = Great Weekend







So this weekend we headed up to Hattiesburg for some college football. It was the first USM home game. We drove up early Saturday morning. When we arrived we went by Austin's parents first thing to drop Allie (dog) off and to visit and eat lunch. We had a good time. Colby was a ham ofcourse. He showed them how much he loves to eat strawberries and even walked a little bit for them. After that we went to the apartment to chill out some before the game. I think we all took naps. We had planned to bring Colby to the game. This would be his first college football game and we were very excited. But at the last minute it looked like rain and we decided to leave him home with his 2 grandmas. In the end we figured he would have more fun this way too. Plus he was already tired due to the car ride and already busy day. So Austin, myself, and our two dads went to the game. We still had a lot of fun. USM won by a lot....they were 52-0 before the 4th quarter even ended so we left early. It was fun though. I like football but I have to say I do get a little antsy sitting there after 2 hours.



The next day (Sunday) we got up and drove to Waynesboro which is where my dad is from. We were going to go to church with all his family then go out to eat. We figured we would just bring Colby in church with us...I didn't know about putting him in a unfamiliar nursery. I am sure he would have done fine but since the whole family was in church I kinda wanted him there too. Plus he is always in the nursery at home so I thought it would be nice for him to sit with us in church. WELL THAT DID NOT LAST LONG AT ALL! He was antsy from the beginning but was beginning to calm down during the music. So I figured well maybe he would go to sleep. That is what he used to do anyway. Well he just started crying and pitching a fit. I know he was in a bad mood though already b/c he was up a lot earlier then normal plus he sat in the car for an hour and sitting in someone's lap during church was not what he felt like at all. So Austin and I took him out and were going to sit outside the sanctuary with him. Well he was sitting in my lap about to go to sleep and all of a sudden I felt something warm. Yes he peed everywhere! All over me all over him and ofcourse none of us have a change of clothes and we are an hour away from the apartment! Yea fun times. So we quickly ran into a bathroom and blotted my skirt dry and then took him out to the truck and changed his diaper and put his pants in the back of Austin's truck to dry. By the time church was out they were dry thank goodness so we got him dressed again and headed to the restaurant. At the restaurant he was pretty good but again I never feel like I fully get to enjoy myself. Much less did I really get to visit with anyone which is a shame b/c 3 of my cousins were there. We did get to talk to them a little at the end I just wish we all lived closer and could hang out with them. Well after lunch we headed back to the apartment and again we all took naps. We were all exausted...well Colby was a little wound up but eventually went to sleep. After relaxing we got dinner and just hung out visiting with my parents and austin's parents then all went for a walk. It was quite a fun trip but tiring! We have several more USM games to go this season so it will be a busy fall! But that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment