Saturday, October 23, 2010

Date Night/Day

So Austin and I took a date night and morning this weekend. Its been awhile since my parents have kept Colby overnight and honestly they have never kept them for us to just stay in and do nothing usually when they keep him its because we have plans that require us to stay out late. We thought since Austin was off today and we had been busy this week doing stuff for Colby we would take a night for ourselves. I have to say it was a great decision.

My parents came and picked Colby up yesterday afternoon before dinner. Therefore, I was able to have a couple hours alone until Austin got home. It was so nice! I thought I would be lonely but it was refreshing to have a quiet house. I got a few chores done then hung out and waited on my hubby. He got home and brought dinner with him. We sat down and relaxed and ate a quiet dinner again so nice! Afterwards we still took our nightly walk...we figured it would be nice to actually walk at a brisk pace with Allie. Colby usually stops at every house. It was nice also to get to talk to Austin without chasing a 2 year old. It was romantic out strolling like that. After we got home we were at a loss though it was wierd not having to do a "bedtime routine" so we settled in the couch and watched some tv together. We were both pretty tired though so we went to bed fairly early.

Today we got up around 8. That doesn't sound late to most but for us it was! I used to be able to sleep until 8 quite often. Colby used to stay in bed from anywhere between 8-9 most mornings but now he wakes up around 6:30. I think it did us both good to sleep that long. Once we got up we got dressed and headed out to Lakeside. We thought it would be fun to do some shopping without the little one. We really didn't need anything but its a much more relaxful experience walking around the mall without a 2 year old. We just looked mostly...ofcourse we ended up buying Colby some Disney shirts for our upcoming Disney trip! After we shopped we ate lunch out. Again it was nice to eat lunch in peace and enjoy ourselves!

After lunch we decided to go ahead and pick Colby up so we wouldn't have to get back out. My parents said he had been really good. We all 4 decided this was going to become a monthly tradition for us. I can't do it every week b/c I like to have our family friday nights but once a month sounds good! It really was a much needed break for Austin and I. Once we got home we put Colby down for his nap and he slept 3 hours! I am not sure what my parents secret is haha. After naptime we enjoyed the afternoon just hanging out together! I love when Austin is off on Saturdays...it actually feels like a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment