Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pumpkin Party






















Today our church had the annual Preschool Pumpkin Party. This was actually the 2nd year they have done this. Last year we didn't get to go though due to being out of town. I was glad we could go this year and knew Colby would enjoy it. The morning started out a little rough. My little guy decided he would wake up at 6 am and then cry from 6-7:30 because I made him stay in his room. Then on the way to church he spilled his entire cup of milk down the front of him.






I have to admit though the day quickly got better. It was hard at first to get in the mood and put all that behind me but when I got there and saw how cute everything looked and especially when all the kids started running around enjoying themselves I couldn't help but get in the mood. Colby actually went to every station it was adorable! I honestly can say I think he liked them all. He was also so well behaved he never pitched a fit about anything. He loved the coloring stations especially the markers. He also liked the design a pumpkin face with fruit/veggies. Ofcourse he sat there and ate grapes though. Everyone thought that was so cute though! He really got into icing the pumpkin cookies. He mainly enjoyed eating the icing...I don't know where he got that from haha. There was a bean bag toss and pumpkin bowling and he loved those and would clap and cheer when he did it right! He made a few little crafts and I can't wait to display them and put them in his keepsake box.






He also enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies and sprite for refreshment. I am so excited about this event I feel like it was quite a sucess. I think our church needed something like this and all the people behind it did a wonderful job.






The rest of our day has been quite nice. Colby ended up taking a nice 2 and a half hour nap after finally settling down after 1ish. Austin got home around 5:30 which I was soo thankful for after the past week! We were able to sit outside and play with Colby then we watched the USM game together! Its been a wonderful day even though the start wasn't what I wished for! Looking forward to a beautiful day tomorrow in God's House.

No comments:

Post a Comment