Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Zoo Day











Austin was off today so we thought we would take advantage of the pretty weather again and take Colby to the zoo! I am loving these fall outtings! We have been so blessed with the weather for a week and a half! I hope everyone is enjoying it because it won't be here forever! I just love fall and its been so nice to actually have "fall" down here in the south! We haven't been to the zoo since May and then it was really too hot to enjoy it! Colby is now learning so many animals and their sounds I knew he would love it!




I think this was one of our best trips yet with him! He was in such a wonderful mood the whole time! He never cried or got mad about anything! He just soaked up the wonderful outdoors! He loved the elephants! He also was really fascinated with the flamingos. I guess their bright coloring and the fact he could get so close! We let him play on the playground too for a little while to get some "climbing energy" out and he loved that! He also enjoyed climbing one of the oak trees that both Austin and I climbed as children. He also played with some other little boys and they ran around in circles making monkey noises! It was hilarious! I do believe though a month ago before he started school he would not have done that! He used to be so shy and wouldn't approach other kids. He did really well walking a lot this trip. He doesn't usually get to walk as much as he did today because of crowds. Today there was just the right amount of people there. It wasn't crowded at all! We rented a wagon for him too though to ride in when he got tired which was nice.




We ate lunch at the zoo and Colby did well there again too! I love that the zoo has healthy options! He seemed to really enjoy his lunch! He had also had a big breakfast too he ate cheese grits and sausage before we left! I guess this nice weather works up an appetite!




It was such a nice day! Once we got home we all settled down for naps! Colby is taking a nice long one! I figured he would after all the exercise he got today. I'm sure the rest of the afternoon we will spend a lot of it outside as well! We love when daddy is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment