Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our Week

Since I last posted we have been pretty busy around here. Wednesday Colby had school pictures. I thought it was so cute that even his little preschool had pictures for the kids. Some thought it was silly but since Colby has not had pictures taken since April it was a good time to get his picture taken anyways plus we had to "document" his first year of school right?!? The morning started out with a little treat. I stopped and got Colby some donut holes since we didn't have to be at school so early. I also thought it would be nice to bring the teachers some donuts.


When we arrived the 3 year old class was getting their pictures made so we had to wait. I took Colby down to his room while we waited. I got to chat with his teacher which was nice to get to know her more and he played. The M, W, F class is a lot smaller in fact they combine the 1s and 2s I think on those days because they are so small.


I think Colby's teacher really likes him because while we were waiting it came up in conversation how much Colby likes Elmo so she went and found him an Elmo toy. She also made their pumpkin patch field trip for Tuesday because I told her we would be out Thursday. I am so glad he's well liked and is doing so good in school. Makes for a proud mommy. I prayed all summer that he would have a good connection with the teacher and that I would as well. I know from the teacher perspective how important it is to have good parents on your side. I really feel like this school year so far is a blessing. Colby is doing so well and loves to go! He has learned so much like counting, ABC's, and is talking so much more.


Once it was finally time for pictures I wondered how Colby would do. He hasn't had "studio" pictures made since he was 6 months old. All his pictures since have been outside in a park where he could just do his thing and be photographed. I knew this would be no easy task. Ofcourse I was right he pitched a fit and didn't want to stand/sit for the camera. I finally bribed him with my car keys. It came out cute enough I think.



Thursday Colby had school so I did my weekly grocery shopping. I am trying to do it now on Thursdays so I don't have to take Colby with me when I go. He always behaved well and always seemed to enjoy it but its still easier alone...I can take my time and not have to worry about him putting things in his mouth or pulling things off the shelf or tossing things out the basket. Its relaxing to grocery shop alone I think! Last night we went over to my parent's house because my Aunt Ree is in town. She and my mom are heading up to Starkville today to spend a few days. They are going there to see Tony (Aunt Ree's son) and also just to visit where they grew up. Colby did well for the most part considering he didn't have much of a nap and we were out later then his usual bathtime/bedtime. He only had a couple meltdowns but ended up eating a good dinner and being pretty social with everyone.

Today (Friday) was one of those days we didn't have to be anywhere. We were able to take our time getting ready which was nice. We went out to the church b/c they have put some new flooring down in the nursery area so I was told my Sunday School room hadn't been put back together. Well my parents went in there Wednesday night and pretty much did all the work. So when we got there I let Colby play on one of the playgrounds. He had a blast...it was such a pretty day. When we got inside my friend Kristie and her little boy Cade were there. I was happy to see them so Colby and Cade could play. They always play really well together. I ended up keeping both of the boys for about an hour in the nursery b/c Kristie was trying to help decorate for a church shower tomorrow. They did really well together. They are 10 months apart so Colby is 2 and Cade is 1 but they still interact really well together. The rest of our day is low key just staying at home but excited that Austin is off tomorrow! He is rarely off on Saturdays except when we got out of town so its going to be fun and feel like a real weekend tomorrow!

Sleeping update: The last 2 days have been bad as far as Colby's sleeping. He didn't nap yesterday which for some reason on his school days he doesn't sleep anymore. At first he did but now he seems to excited to sleep...hoping that will change when the newness wears off! He also slept horribly last night. He took until sometime after 9:15 to fall asleep then he was awake from 4-6 on and off crying and we had to keep going in there. Today he didn't want to nap either I finally had to really threaten him to not get up. He slept maybe an hour and a half which is honestly not good enough but least it left me with some quiet time to nap myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment