Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip






















Today Colby had his first ever field trip! He went to the pumpkin patch at the church where he goes to school. I know it was only in the parking lot but still I was excited to be there with him to make memories. I remember most of my field trips as a child and my mom always being there and they were special times.






The day did not start like I had dreamed/planned. First of all I think Colby and I both have colds. He has been cranky since Saturday. Nothing major you can just tell he's not his full self. I started feeling sickly yesterday. So one waking up early when you are sick is not fun and tends to not allow for much patience with a 2 year old. We were also having our house cleaned today so that puts a dent in the day too when you have someone working in your house all day. Yes I am thankful for the service but it is hard too when you have to work around someone working in your house. So we were already rushing this morning and feeling behind. The mornings here have been very cool but then it quickly warms up around mid to late morning. Well Colby was dressed in a tank top shirt and shorts...since it was cool I figured I would add a sweatshirt just until he got to school and depending on how warm it was I would take it off him. Well when we got to school he pitched a fit when I took it off and left it in the car. He is soo particular about this kind of stuff! He flipped out! So he was crying the whole way to his class which he never does...then when I left him he was still crying...I knew he wouldn't cry long because he never does but still he was having quite an off morning. I also felt guilty for fussing at him all morning but I guess my stress level was high trying to make everything perfect and then on top of not feeling 100% either.






The field trip did not begin until 9:30 so I went back to the car to wait until it was time. His teacher told us to just meet them in the parking lot. When his class came out he was surprised to see me. He started waving bye bye like he thought we were going home. I had to convince him we were going to look at pumpkins. He didn't get into it as much as I had hoped/thought but I think he had an ok time. Basically the class just meandered around for about 15-20 minutes. It was more of a photo op for the parents/grandparents then anything. I was glad to just see Colby's class and learn a few more of their names. Colby really didn't interact with any liked I had hoped but it might have been because he was still off from all the morning craziness. He seemed to really take to the teacher aide Mrs. Louis though. He was holding her hand when we came out. I think he behaves a lot better for them then he does for me. I'm sure all the kids do. He wasn't the only one though that pitched a fit I saw a couple others too so I am glad I wasn't alone there. After getting a chance to walk around they wanted to get a group picture of his class. I worried how this group pic would go seeing how he did not want his picture taken last week. Once his teacher though got him in her lap he was fine. See he listens to them!! He sat very patiently but you could tell he couldn't wait to get up. Next the teacher read them a little pumpkin patch book. Colby happened to have this book at home so he knew the story. He sat pretty still and listened but it was hard to hear over some of the other kids. I worried that when it was time to go he would get upset that I was leaving him. But he marched in line with the other kids and headed back to class. He didn't even notice me leaving...all in all it was a good day! I hope he enjoyed it...it wasn't perfect but it was still a sweet memory! I look forward to more school festivities in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment