Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Well its hard to believe our weekend is already coming to a close! Its been a fun, but busy one! Friday night we just stayed in and enjoyed being together as a family. Saturday Austin had to work. It was planned to be a dull, boring day for me and the kids. I HAD to grocery shop b/c with swim lessons every day for 2 weeks it had been over 2 weeks since I had gone. I always dread grocery shopping days...I have since Colby was a toddler. He is actually really good in the store and so is Lindsay I just feel like they are boring days for him. Both kids do really well in the store but its also a lot of work. Having to haul them in and out then haul groceries in! So I was already exausted after all that and looking forward to some down time the rest of the day. Soon after we get home our power goes out! No storm nothing just it went out. Well I kept thinking surely it will come back on soon but NOPE. Austin came home since both I and Colby were freaking out a little about the situation! He helped me through the lunch hour which helped SO much! Its hard enough on a normal day sometimes to get everyone fed and put to bed but doing it in the dark with kids who were tired and now having no electricity! Well I got Lindsay down for anp she she surprisingly slept. Colby never did nap I guess the house was too quiet for him. During the whole naptime I kept thinking the power would come on any minute. Everyone we knew kept asking us if we wanted to leave but since Lindsay was asleep already and I really thought it would be back on pretty quickly I didn't see the point in dragging the kids somewhere at naptime. We stuck through it. It was finally 3 before it came back on! Colby was so excited! We both danced around! That afternoon we just hung out and waited on austin to come home. We had a low key evening around the house. I was glad we stayed home though considering the next 2 days were going to be so busy!
Sunday was Father's Day. Sunday holidays are always so busy it seems! We headed off to church which seems like quite a feat these days with 2 young kids. Sunday school went well. I got to sit in church with Austin which the last time was Mother's Day. We came home changed clothes, fed Lindsay then headed out the door to go eat lunch at my parent's house. Colby was excited to see everyone and go to Grammy's house! I fed Lindsay before we ate so we put her down for a nap during lunch. She only gets a short nap at church and we would usually put her down for a nap anyways so until she is older she will miss out on most of the festivities! We were able to enjoy lunch and visit. Colby for the most part is good about letting the adults visit. He will usually play or join in the conversation! Austin did take him swimming though for about 30 min which I think he enjoyed! He's such a fish! After they came in and changed clothes they heard Lindsay screaming. Poor dear got herself all worked up! I don't think she ever got a good nap in so she was really overtired! We left soon after that so we could all come home and relax. No one ever really got a nap so we all went to bed early! It was nice just spending the late afternoon as a family not doing anything special! I hope Austin had a good Father's Day and feels like he got some rest!
I am very thankful for my dad. He has taught me so much and continues to teach me. He's very patient and a Godly man. He always worked hard to provide for us. He always made sure we went to church. He still worries and takes care of everyone. We laugh b/c Colby acts just like him which is not a bad thing at all!

I am thankful for Austin. I have seen him grow such much being a father. He's always very patient and loving with our children. He works hard all day and still comes home and finds the energy to give baths and play a game of hide and seek! I love watching him play and roughhouse with Colby but then dance around with Lindsay! It will be fun raising a boy and a girl and seeing those relationships grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment