Monday, June 11, 2012

Rainy Weekend

Well we have had a very rainy weekend! Its been pretty low key for me and the kids. Saturday we went to Target. We got out early to avoid the rain and I was glad we did b/c it started storming soon after we got home. Its hectic enough shopping with 2 kids I can't imagine doing that in the rain! The kids were good but I felt frazzled the whole time and forgot half the stuff on my list! It takes so much longer to accomplish anything when I have them both with me! Plus I am working in a limited 3 hour window between Lindsay's feeding schedule and naps! So after we got home I fed her and put her down then Colby and I ate lunch. I always feel bad when he doesn't get to burn off a lot of energy. He did take a good nap though which was nice. After his naptime he and I went outside while she slept. He rode his bikes and used his sidewalk chalk. I enjoy those special moments of hanging out with him. That evening Austin came home and we made pizzas.
Sunday another rainy day. When we got to church it was like flooding raining so I got soaked while trying to get the kids in and keep them dry! I thought at first I was going to have to turn around and leave but I decided to stay for Sunday School and just deal with being wet. I had committed to teaching Colby's class today...I thought if it would have just been him I would have left but there ended up being 4 kids so I was glad I stayed. At the beginning it was just Colby and Zoe though. We started out the class with an art activity. Zoe was more into that then Colby. Colby is not big on art he likes painting but he's not into crayons at all. After the art activity they had free play for a few minutes. The lesson was about Mary and Joseph bringing baby Jesus to church. The book suggested going to visit the babies at church. We walked across the hall to the baby room. Ofcourse 1 of the babies was Colby's sister. I think they liked the change of scenery but both were more interested in the baby toys then the babies! After that we did our storytime...Colby didn't want to listen to the story so I had to firmly correct him. He is old enough now that he should be sitting down to listen to a 5-10 minute circle time. He ended up doing ok but I think he does better when I am not his teacher! By the time we finshed the story 2 other little girls came. We played a listening game next. Well by this time Colby was getting a little unruly. I had to punish him which I hated to do. Its hard being a teacher and a mommy especially right now at this age. I told him to go sit at the table and he told me no then proceeded to scatter magnets all over the floor...I tried putting him in timeout in the room but it was causing a major disruption so I had to make him go sit in the hallway. Was he being that bad...no but I didn't want to argue with him while I was supossed to teach the class. Would I have done that to another child...probably not but that's where it gets sticky being your own child's teacher! A prime example why I could not homeschool! Anyway once I let him back in the room he did fine. We finished up the listening game then moved on to the "driving to church" game. After this they were all ready for some free time. That was all the activities I planned anyway. We let them play for about 10 min before having a snack. At that point I picked up Lindsay and we came home. I was still wet at the point and anxious to get home! My parents and Colby left shortly after and stopped for an early lunch then came home. All 3 of us napped then we just had a low key afternoon watching cartoons and waiting on Austin to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment