Friday, June 15, 2012

Swim Lessons Week 2





So Monday we started Week 2 of swim lessons. Colby is doing fantastic in them! I am so proud of all he has learned and what a big boy he has been. He has cooperated and done everything they told him to do! He really loves swimming! Maybe instead of a soccer team he will join a swim team in a couple years! He's had a blast I think! Its neat to see how much he has learned since last year! I think he can swim on his own they have definitely given him more freedom this year and he is doing more stuff with the older children then the ones younger then him now. He can dive in stay under water and then roll over to get a breath all on his own! He's very confident and comfortable in the water and that is neat to see!
Monday like I say swim lessons began. Austin was off that day and got to take him to lessons. I was glad Austin got to go and see him one time to see his progress. He usually tries to make atleast 1 lesson every year. Lindsay had her 6 month doc appointment so that was the reason he took Colby. Also because of the time is why we never took Lindsay. It was nice having Austin home on Monday. After swim lessons we enjoyed hanging out at home. Its nice when he is home though b/c he can take Colby outside or on errands with him and gives me a little break!
Tuesday Austin was back at work. My parents came over to watch Lindsay. We also had our housecleaner there that day so it was very hectic. After swim lessons my parents took Colby home with them. I was glad for the break b/c its just too hard to have him here when the house is being cleaned. They brought him back that evening. Lindsay and I enjoyed the down time but like I say its hard I like having my house clean but its hard to really get settled b/c I feel like I am constantly having to stay out of her way!
Wednesday Austin was off again which was nice. It really helps the week go by when he is off in the middle. We had a relaxing morning at home before the lessons. I took Colby while Austin stayed with Lindsay. Its nice when we get to take turns taking care of the kids. Colby had lots of spectators that day it was fun! My mom and dad came along with Randall and Elizabeth! I think he was so proud to show off all his skills to them! I thought all the people being there might distract him but he didn't lose his concentration at all! I am really thinking he may do really well in swimming. He hated soccer which doesn't surprise me he may not do well in "team" sports. He's very OCD and type A and also doesn't like kids in his personal space...I can see him maybe liking baseball but for now I can imagine football and soccer are out...who knows maybe he will change but for now I may try to get him into swimming and tennis? Maybe even golf? Well after swim lessons we enjoyed hanging out around the house again. We went to church that night. I am trying to get us back into the Wednesday night church routine. We haven't been since Lindsay was born. The thought of bringing an infant out there stressed me out...especially since she goes to bed so early. I figured though by this summer being 6 months old she might be more flexible and enjoy the different scenery. I am on a rotation of teaching TeamKid so I figured it was time for me to get back to that also! I think we all enjoyed it! It was nice Austin being off too that we got to go as a family. Usually he has to meet us there or doesn't get to come at all due to work. Lindsay stayed in the baby room with my mom. We used to have the ages split but we don't have enough workers to do that. I didn't want Lindsay in there with us...I figured it would be a distraction plus I didn't want her to get sick from being around older kids. She enjoyed the time I think. Colby was in the room with me. We had him, a new little boy Blake he was 4 1/2, Emily 5, and Jonathan who is 1 1/2. They all played well together. Our lesson was on eating good foods and so we had a snack of fruit! They seemed to enjoy that. We even let them play outside for a little while. It was good to get back but tiring. We didn't get in until about 7:30 so it was hurry up and bathe and everyone and put them to bed!
Thursday austin was back at work. Colby again had swim lessons. We enjoyed a quiet morning just us. I enjoyed not having to rush for anyone or anything. I had told Colby after swim lessons we could go to the mall and meet up with some friends but he told me no he didn't want to go. After lessons I really regretted just not making him go. He's pretty much just been going to swim lessons and coming home so we are getting really tired of these 4 walls lately. That afternoon both of us were grumpy. The change of pace and scenery would have been nice but we survived despite.
Friday was another quiet morning. This was the LAST day of lessons. Colby did so great! He never once complained or acted like he wasn't having fun. He concentrated and did his best every day. It just amazes me what a different kid it was then that little boy out on the soccer field who hated going each week and begged to leave! Swimming he just seemed in his element. I will miss going every day and getting to visit with Casee and Misty. I think Colby will miss it too but it will be nice to move onto different things! It will be interesting next year when Lindsay takes her first year of lessons. I can't believe next year I will have an almost 5 year old and 1 1/2 year old. Lindsay and I will have to do the parent and child classes and then Colby will continue in the big boy classes. So I will be quite busy with all these swim lessons! After lessons we picked up Subway and came home to eat and relax. His friend Max came over this afternoon. This is just what Colby has been needing. Someone to play cars with and run around. I will probably offer to do this once a week now that swim lessons are over. Its really not anymore trouble and it keeps Colby busy and out of my hair!
We are excited about the upcoming weekend and Father's day and spending time with Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment