Monday, June 4, 2012

Fun Weekend!




Well we have had a great weekend! Austin has been off the whole weekend which was really a treat! He usually is only off on weekends when we travel or have something big going on. He decided to take his Memorial Day holiday this weekend which has been so nice! I think we have gotton spoiled to having him around! Monday morning will be tough for all of us!
Friday since he was off that morning he and Colby got our and ran some errands. I decided to stay home with Lindsay and work on her naptimes. Since I had both kids home Wednesday and Thursday she missed her morning naps therefore she had some really tough days. I was determined to get her back on track. It was also nice for me to stay in and get some housework done while the boys were out. They got back around lunchtime and we ate lunch together then all took naps. That afternoon we got ready to take Colby out on a special evening. We don't get out often at night especially now with having a baby b/c she is ready for bed by 7. We decided with Austin being off this Friday we would take Colby to his first Zephyr game. He hasn't been in his 3 1/2 years. We have talked about bringing him the last 2 years but just have never gotton around to it. I figured by now he would actually be old enough to enjoy it. We also found out about a classic car show before the game. I knew he would LOVE this! So we struck out that evening. My parents came over to keep Lindsay since she was obviously too young. Plus like I have always said I always want to try and give them each special nights alone with us. So we got to the car place and Colby had the best time. We walked around to each car and he just looked and checked them out! He was in little boy heaven! After seeing all the cars we headed to the ball game. Well since it was the 1st of June they had hurricane preparedness month. They had firetrucks, police cars and all other sort of public safety type vehicles. Colby got to do a safety class with the fire department in a little house and talk to some of the firemen and look in the trucks. Ofcourse all this thrilled him too except for the smokey house! Once we finally got in the game he was excited. I am sure it was thrilling just to take in all the sights. once we got settled in some seats we got hotdogs. That little boy ate the entire hotdog! He ate a hotdog, drank a sprite, and had chocolate icecream! We usually don't let him eat like that so he was in heaven once again! We figure a special occasion like that once in awhile I guess he can eat a little junk! Although after he finished all his food he was ready to go! We stayed until the 5th inning...he wasn't very interested in the game but I figure each time we go back he will be able to stay a little longer. They had fireworks at the end but I knew there was no way he would make it to the end! Naturally we were all exhausted that evening!
Saturday we had a lazy morning around the house. Austin and Colby got outside and did yard work. Once again it was nice to stay in with Lindsay and let her get her nap. I also got some things done inside while she napped. After the boys were finished outside we went to my parent's house to swim. I decided not to get in. I wanted to but it was time for Lindsay to eat anyway. Normally my mom would just feed her while I swam but she had to get ready for a shower later that afternoon. I enjoyed staying in with her and Lindsay though while the boys swam! After swimming and Lindsay eating we came on back home. We wanted to get back to our house for naps. It was a nice relaxful afternoon until Colby woke up from his nap with a horrible cough. He had been coughing on and off all week so I finally bit the bullet and took him to urgent care. I was concerned b/c it just didn't seem like he was getting any better. Luckily we didn't have to wait long. They said he was fine just a viral upper respiratory infection...basically a cold I guess! I am glad it wasn't bronchitis or croup. He has had both and seems prone to those type of things. So once we got home Austin had promised him a little swim in his kiddie pool. So that he did! I swear the boy is going to turn into a fish! He had a blast swimming. That evening we ate dinner as a family which was really nice.
Sunday we had church. It was so nice to once again have Austin around. Its so rare that he is with us on Sundays. We had hoped to sit in church together but I ended up being needed in the nursery both hours. I helped out in Colby's class during Sunday school. It was him and Zoe. Zoe is 2 and just promoted in that class. Although she and Colby have been in class before together so they played together pretty well. I enjoyed seeing what he is learning about and getting a perspective of how he acts in there. He did pretty well with me in there the second half. During church I ended up helping with the toddler room. They had 6 toddlers and only 2 workers. I decided to stay so it would be 1 teacher per 2 kids. I enjoyed playing with some of those little guys and girls. Our good friends Jonathan and Janel were at church so we had their youngest daughter in our class. I had never met her before so it was fun to hang out with her. All of the kids were pretty good its just a busy age so we were constantly on the move! After church we did our usual lunch at McAlister's. That afternoon we came home and relaxed. Austin and Colby ran a couple errands and spent time outside I tried to get caught up on some housework then we all relaxed that evening before sending Austin back to work! This coming week Colby starts swim lessons so we are excited to have that routine! Although it means we won't be doing much else!

No comments:

Post a Comment