Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week 1 of Swim Lessons

I have been so proud of Colby this week. He has done excellent at swim lessons. He fussed a little the first day...not like upset or crying just telling the teacher he didn't want to do something. After that first day I never heard a cross word come out of him while he was swimming. This year there are 3 younger kids in the class including Colby. During their lesson though 3 older children are also swimming in the deep end. There are 3 instructors who manage all of them. There is a boy who mainly works with the older ones while the girl and Mrs. Joan help out with the younger ones. I can tell Colby is more advanced then last year. She works with them according to what they can do. Colby is doing a little more independent swimming this year. Our friends Casee and Jackson are also in the class. I was glad Colby had a friend in his class. This is Jackson's first year though so he is a few steps behind Colby. I am glad we started Colby out before he turned 2 b/c he is so used to it now and so comfortable with the idea of swim lessons. I can't wait to see what all he learns by next week. He has enjoyed going every day. He loves getting there early and staying a few minutes at the end to play with her toys! For some reason she has great toys! I guess since he only sees them for 2 weeks every year they are special! His little friend isabella from school is in the lesson after his so he gets to see her too! I enjoy the time to visit with the other moms as well. So far we are moving through the summer nicely. I like the swim schedule we are on right now. The week before was difficult b/c I was having to get both kids out and entertain them but with swimming we have more relaxed mornings and Lindsay has been able to get in all 3 of her naps daily which has made for a happy baby and a happy mommy!

I think Colby is getting a little bored though since all we do is get out to go to swim lessons which is in our neighborhood then come home. My parents are coming over each day to watch Lindsay. I am really grateful for that b/c it allows me to focus on Colby while I am there and not juggle a 6 month old! I guess next year it will be her turn to go to the mommy and me classes when she is 18 months old! Its worked out well my parents keeping her though b/c she is able to stick to her little schedule....although poor thing she hasn't left the house all week! Today my parents brought Colby home though with them. We thought it would be a good change of pace for him. He loves spending the night over there. He spent the night last Monday but during the school year he doesn't normally do that unless Austin and I are going out and he stays with them. I think this summer we will let him go once a week or every other week. Its nice to have a break with just Lindsay. Its my first time alone with her really since he got out of school. I feel like I can focus so much more on her and really play and talk to her. Balancing two kids I feel like all day I run around just trying to meet their needs but not really getting the quality time. Its also been nice to take Colby to swim lessons. Even though its a short time we get to visit some and have that one on one interaction too! Tomorrow for a treat I am going to take Colby to Chickfila after swimming. Once again it will be a change of pace for him so he should be excited. We will have a low key weekend b/c Austin will be working through the whole thing so we won't be doing much other then a shopping trip to Target and church!

No comments:

Post a Comment