Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Prek4



Colby started back to school today. He was so excited about going back to preschool! he has missed it so much this summer! He did go there for camp in July which helped maintain a routine and he got to see his friends. The month of August was crazy though! I think we are all ready for some routine and space! He needs structure and time with friends! This will be his last year at AUMC which is very bittersweet to me. This year he will go 5 days a week though. That will be quite an adjustment for us! Waking up early every day and really getting used to "real school". I think he is going to have a great year though. His teacher Mrs. Susan has been teaching forever and I think he will love her as much as Mrs. Lyn. Most of his friends are back but there are also some new faces. It was nice for both me and him to walk down that hall and see friends again! He will go Monday-Friday 9-12 and on M and W he will stay until 2. This year we decided to let him to lunch bunch 2 days a week. Last year he wanted to try it but I was still unsure of letting him miss his nap but he did fine this summer with the camp hours 9-2. I figure this will also be a little preview into what kindergarten will be like. It will also allow me more time to get stuff done and spend with Lindsay! We are looking forward to a great year!
He's such a big boy he just walked right in his classroom and never looked back! He's growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment