Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Weekend

Its been a great weekend and even though Austin had to work I feel like we got some great quality time in. The weekend before was very tough. Colby was moody and I felt like we were all in adjustment mode. This week has been great and things just seemed to click again with everyone! We are all tired from a busy week but it was a good week!
Saturday I knew I didn't want to do much considering our busy week. Unfortunately grocery shopping had to be done. I never look forward to this chore but especially on Saturday and with 2 kids. I have to say though they both did great! Afterwards we came home put it all away and I made lunches for the kids and we all napped! It was so great to have some down time. Our week was crazy busy and I am just not used to that! My parent's had volunteered to keep the kids for us Saturday night. At first I didn't want to go anywhere but I realized it would be nice to get out with just Austin. We went to Tony Mandina's. It was so nice to have dinner with him and actually be able to talk. I feel like I am in constant competition with Austin and Colby. When Austin gets home from work Colby is SO excited he wants to absorb all his time so I feel like its hard to get a word in! Afterwards we did a little shopping at Target. When we got in Lindsay was already in bed and Colby was on his way. I really enjoyed the night out!
Sunday morning was a big day for us. We made the decision to start visiting other churches. There are many things that have gone into this decision..too much to go into here but we have felt God calling us to look at other options. We chose to visit our old church Calvary. We still know a lot of people there and location wise its a great choice for us. Plus they have a lot going on with kids and young people! Austin had to work but he drove over for his lunch break and met us at church. I was nervous ofcourse bringing my kids to a new place. I wondered how both would react. It turned out though both were with people we knew so that was good! We really enjoyed the worship service. It was so nice to leave church feeling like I had worshipped. Lately at our church I have been in the nursery so much I feel like I never go to church! We were anxious to pick the kids up and hear all about their morning. They both ended up having great mornings as well which I was so relieved and thankful! Lindsay was happy when we picked her up. She cried a couple times they said but never just unconrollable. Colby seemed VERY happy when we got him. He left with a bunch of papers and a sucker! After church Austin had to get back to work. I called my parents to see if they were out of church yet. They were just leaving so I brought the kids back home. I told them they could bring Colby with them to eat and I would just stay home with Lindsay. She didn't nap all morning and I could tell she was exhausted. They then brought Colby home with them for a few hours. I think they miss him now that he's in school 5 days a week! It was nice to have some time to relax. He got home around 4:30 about the same time Austin did! We were able to have a nice home cooked meal and eat as a family! SO NICE! Lindsay even joined in! It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment