Monday, September 17, 2012

USM Game Weekend


This weekend we spent in Hattiesburg for USM's first home football game. We went up on friday after picking Colby up from school. It works out pretty well to pick him up and have the van packed and hit the road. We stopped in Slidell for a quickie lunch. The kids both traveled very well. Although neither really slept! Once we got in to Hattiesburg we unpacked and rested for awhile. Austin and Colby went over to his parent's house to visit. Lindsay needed a nap b/c she had been awake ALL day! Well it took her 2 hours to finally settle down! We were all going to go over to Austin's parent's house for dinner and to hang out but since it was after 5 before Lindsay woke up we decided to move dinner to the apartment. They picked up pizza and we ate in. It was much easier that way with 2 tired kids! After pizza Austin took Colby in swimming. The rest of us visited and watched Lindsay play. It was a rough day we were all tired and moods got a little bad. Everyone got a good nights sleep though so we were ready for Saturday.
Saturday we woke up early and started our day! For some reason our kids wake up earlier there. We ate a good breakfast then Austin and I started out with the kids to go to the Hattiesburg Zoo. It was a beautiful day and actually a little cool out. Colby has been to this Zoo a couple times but Lindsay has never even been to a zoo so we wanted to bring her a long too! We got there and first rode the Merry Go Round and Train. Lindsay rode them both! She seemed to enjoy them! She probably wondered what in the world? It was neat though b/c that's about the age Colby was when he rode his first Carousel. After the rides we decided to head to the playground. That is one of Colby's favorites! We also knew Lindsay wouldn't be able to take much more it was approaching her lunch and naptime. She drank her bottle while he played! Once we got back to the apartment we put both kids down for a nap. We knew Colby would need a rest before the game...he would miss his normal naptime plus he was up crazy early that morning. I even laid down which was nice to get refreshed. We got to the game around 2. I am so thankful my dad has the club level seats where we get free food and nice comfy seats that are covered. They had hamburgers and hotdogs I think we were all ready for lunch by then. Colby enjoyed his hotdog. I think by the time the football game started Colby was already ready to go! We got him popcorn and that lasted maybe 5 min. He was antsy the WHOLE time! I thought he would be easier this year but I think he was harder! He whined and complained the whole time! Maybe one day he will enjoy it! I took him home after the 1st half. I could have stayed the whole time but I heard it got hot so honestly I was glad I was able to leave with him. Plus the Eagles lost =(. We got back to the apartment with my mom and Lindsay. I thought it would be a nice time for them to play but Colby ended up being in time out most of the time. This past week he has gotton a real big "attitude". I am not sure if its tiredness from being back at school or too much time with extended family or what?! It created for some rough moments though. I think its probably a combination of many things, but we are working through it. Anyway when he gets around my parents he thinks they must play with him nonstop. This is fine when he goes over there on occassion to play but not when we are all staying together for the weekend...it gets old fast! He would not leave my mom alone. Well when the game ended I had to go back and pick up my dad and Austin. Originally I would have left Colby with my mom and Lindsay but I did not like his attitude or how he had been treating her so I thought it was best for him to come with me especially since my mom had to bathe Lindsay while we were gone. His attitude did change i think he just needed that "timeout". He gets overwhelmed with grandparents even though he loves the attention its like his body goes into overdrive! Anyway that night ended a little better after dinner. We did still all go to bed early it was an exhausting day!
Sunday we woke up and got ready to head back to nola. It was a fun weekend. Sad the Eagles lost. We always enjoy our trips to Hattiesburg...especially Colby. It was a nice quick getaway. We probably won't be going back until late October.

No comments:

Post a Comment