Friday, September 28, 2012

A New Week

The last few weeks have been a little hard. Maybe it was me maybe it was getting adjusted to our new fall schedule...maybe it was a lot of things. But this week things have clicked and we have had a wonderful week so far!
Austin was off Monday and Tuesday so that started our week out to a great start! Monday since he was off we all 4 took Colby into school. After dropping him off we decided to go and visit Calvary school. I figure its not too early to  get a jump on this whole kindergarten thing! We have about 5 schools total that we want to visit. I hope we can visit all 5 by December and then by January we can make a decision. We brought Lindsay with us and she did really well. We stopped in the office and asked for registration info and a tour. The principal was not there but a lady that actually worked there when I did took us on a wonderful tour. She showed us the kindergarten classroom and went over the curriculum with us she then showed us the rest of the school. Some may think its funny we even had to get a tour b/c I went to school there and subbed there and taught 2nd grade there. But things have changed...A LOT! I also want to look at this school from a parent perspective. I have tried to clear all other things from my mind and look at it from a clean slate. We were very impressed. We still want to check out other schools but we did leave with a very good impression! After visiting the school we came home to clean, rest, hang out while Colby was at school. This was a lunch bunch day so we had more time then usual. Austin and I were able to lay down and even take a nap! Once Colby got home he and Austin did a lot of work outside then we had another yummy homecooked meal as a family. Lindsay was able to eat with us again since we ate early also!
Tuesday Austin was home with us again. Colby had school and I had Bible Study so it was another busy morning. Austin stayed here with the kids and got Colby off to school so I could go to my 8:30 study. I am so enjoying this Bible Study. It is on Revelations and already I have learned so much. Just going to Bible Study once a week I feel makes such a difference in who I am as a wife and mother. I am thankful I am able to do this. I think Austin also enjoyed his morning with the kids. I think its good for him to have them alone sometimes. It gives him an idea of what I do but it also gives him some great bonding time with them that might not occur when I am around. Once I got in from Bible study I took over with Lindsay and Austin did some stuff around the house until it was time to pick Colby up at noon. The 3 of us ate lunch at the table while Lindsay was napping. Its always a great time to spend with Colby and I think he really likes having our undivided attention that way. After naps Austin and Colby ran some errands while I stayed home with Lindsay. We ordered pizza that evening so we could sit back and enjoy that night and not spend so much time cleaning up. After dinner we took Colby for icecream. Poor Lindsay though was miserable. Its so hard with her 6:45 bedtime. She screamed the whole way home! I hope one of these days our night activities aren't so limited!
Wednesday Austin was back to work so it was back into the groove for the kids and I. Colby went to school. Lindsay had GymRompers. Its fun doing something with just her and having a mommy/daughter date! It makes me miss those days with Colby now though! She had such a fun time. This was her 3rd class. She was REALLY into it this week. She was a lot braver and would actually crawl away from me and interact with the other kids. Its amazing the difference between her and Colby. At this age he would have been so scared of other kids but she was right up in the middle of these bigger boys! She's such a mess! She had a really great time though! At first I thought 9 months she may be a little young for it but she's doing really well and it seems already to be paying off! It will be fun to watch her progress like we did with Colby! That afternoon we took it easy. Colby was in lunch bunch so it was nice to have a couple hours of quiet. That night we had thought about going to church...I really want to get involved in Wednesday night church especially since we are visiting Calvary and its not as big a production to go but I was nervous about going for the 1st time alone with 2 kids. I hope sometime Austin can go with us. I knew Lindsay would not make it for the whole time. He would need to be there by 5:30 to pick her up and bring her home. So we stayed in. Hope we can make it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment