Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Things Fall 2012

Well we are officially in Fall mode now with back to school and many other new activities that have just started up! We will be very busy pretty much every day but Saturdays so I have a feeling this mommy and little ones will be staying home most Saturdays! We are enjoying all our new activities though and being into a routine again!
Sunday was promotion Sunday at church. Colby is now officially down the hall and out of the nursery for sunday school. He does come back to the nursery though for ec. Although by April we will probably start bringing him in service with us. He loved his new 4 year old Sunday School class. He was familiar with Mrs. Pat b/c of ec and Wednesday night activities. He seemed to do really well. I was so busy in the nursery I didn't get to find out a whole lot of what he did, but he came home with some worksheets so it looked like they were busy! I miss him down in the nursery but its probably better for him being away from my mom and I. It was just him and Macie in class but I think they always have fun together. Lindsay was still in the baby room this week but will be promoted nex t week into the 1 year old room! WHAT?!? I can't believe my baby is already going to a big girl class. Its time though...she is so mobile...crawling/pulling up...she just doesn't belong in there anymore. This is about the same age Colby promoted. Luckily the other baby Elias is also mobile so he will promote with her. I am glad she will have a friend. She is going through major separation anxiety though these days. She cried when I left her in ss. I felt so bad. She used to not ever do that but I think its the age and also we have missed a few Sundays with traveling and ofcourse the hurricane. I felt so bad though I couldn't leave her for church. I knew switching to 2 new teachers would really throw her for a loop so I brought her to church with me. She did really good for the first half. She seemed to really like the music. She never even cried but she was getting restless so I brought her back to the nursery. Elias was in there so I sat her down so they could play with each other. Well Elias is a little heavier then her and he tried to clobber her. He did this and she started SCREAMING! I picked her up thinking maybe it just scared her but when I looked at her cheek she had a pretty good scratch I guess from his fingernails. I felt so bad for her! She was so upset! That's the first time other then shots she has really been hurt like that! It took her about 5-10 min to calm back down. Sundays are always so hectic with trying to round her and Colby up and get out to the car. Thankfully I have my mom and dad there to help since Austin usually has to work on Sundays. After church we did our usual lunch at McAlister's. Lindsay has just recently started sitting in a highchair. She loves it and does so good! I think she likes it b/c she can see everyone better. I usually give her bits of my food to snack on along with her baby food. She ended up LOVING Colby's mac n cheese and applesauce! I guess it won't be long before we will be ordering 2 kids meals! That afternoon we just relaxed and watched the Saints game!
Monday Colby had school. It was his first full day. Meaning he stayed 9-2. I had a dentist appointment right after I dropped him off. This meant I had to leave Lindsay with my parents. I went and picked her up at 10 after the appt. She and I came home and enjoyed a slower paced morning. We were able to take a walk and enjoy the cooler fall air. Its nice having him stay for lunch bunch 2 days this year. 9-2 gives me so much more time to get things done! I think he enjoyed staying and eating his lunch like a big boy too! My parents brought him home b/c of the time Lindsay is just getting up from her nap around that time. I could tell he was tired when he got home but he played for like 2 hours. Around 4 he started getting really disobediant. I know when he does that its b/c he's exhausted. I ended up sending him to his room to time out and he fell asleep. I hated for him to fall asleep that late b/c I thought it might make for a harder bedtime. But on the same note if he was that tired I knew he needed some rest. Poor baby was PASSED OUT! He was snoring. I let him sleep until about 5:30. He was groggy and grumpy but he did get up. He still went to bed at his normal time too. I can tell school is wearing him out! Which mommy likes! His bedtime has become 8...we weren't really strict with it last year since he wasn't going to school every day but now that he is going every day and staying until 2 two of those days his body needs the rest. We usually bathe him at 7 or 7:30 then he is in bed by 8. Its also been so nice for Austin and I! I plan to let him stay up till 9 on weekends though!
Tueday Austin was off. We were so happy to have him home! 5 days of him working late every night seems to make for a long week! Since he was off it helped with Colby's school hours so much! I brought Colby to school alone while he stayed home with Lindsay. Its not hard to take both just more time consuming and I know Lindsay enjoyed staying with her daddy. I like having the time to focus on just Colby too! My Bible Study was scheduled to start today but I decided to not go and take Lindsay to GymRompers. We originally planned for us both to go but Austin backed out at the last minute to stay home and mow. I was ok with it b/c I knew it needed to be done and he would rather do it during the morning while C was at school then spend all afternoon doing it. So Lindsay and I had a girls outting. She will usually go to GR on Wednesdays but I like the Tuesday teacher better so I will try to go on Tuesdays on occasion. She did great! I could tell towards the end she was getting tired and hungry but she hung in there. She loves the singing and circle time! She really loves the bubbles. She is really too young to do much during free play so she mostly wanted me to carry her around at that point. It was a fun outting for me and her! I always loved taking Colby! By the time I got home with her Austin was leaving to go pick up Colby from school. They picked up Wendy's on their way home and we ate outside. It was nice to spend that time with him! I think he enjoys when he has our undivided attention like that! That afternoon we all took naps! I guess mowing the yard, school, and GymRompers wore everyone out! That afternoon we spent time together and cooked dinner as a family! It was a fun day! I love having Austin home during the week b/c it really helps to break up the week for us! We had a great day!
Wednesday Austin had to go back to work. Colby had school and Lindsay and I had to grocery shop. She did really well in the grocery. We got home and basically I ran around trying to get stuff done then we ate lunch and both took naps. Colby had school till 2 and my parents were picking him up. They brought him back to their house though to swim. I was glad for the extra long break but I am not sure he ever needs to do that much activity in one day again. He was so tired and grumpy when he got home. I was also tired and grumpy. We are all adjusting to this 5 day a week school schedule. It was a hard day!
Thursday started out a little rough but ended up being a great day. Colby again had school and I had my first MOPS meeting of the year. I was excited to get back to this group. This is my 4th year. My parents kept Lindsay even though there is childcare at MOPS. I figure with her being so attached to me right now I would feel so bad about leaving her with strangers. This meant I had to drop her off at their house then drop Colby off at school then go to MOPS. I was having a really hard morning but I was so glad I went. It helped to just get out and visit with other moms. It helped me put things in perspective! I have made so many friends through this. After MOPS I picked Colby up then we went to pick Lindsay up. Colby wanted to stay at my parents for lunch but I thought it best we come home. I was glad we did b/c we were all already exhausted. I enjoyed playing with the kids and watching them play together this afternoon. Now we are all gearing up for our weekend in Hattiesburg for the 1st football game!

No comments:

Post a Comment