Friday, September 7, 2012

Getting Back to Normal


This week has been a week to slowly get back to normal. We got home pretty late Sunday night. We tried very hard before going to bed that evening to get the house back in shape. The major thing we had to do was clean out the fridge. Honestly its sorta nice to have a cleaned out fridge!
Monday austin was off which was nice to have his help out here. I went to the grocery store with Lindsay to start trying to re-stock items. Colby stayed with Austin to work on yardwork. That afternoon we enjoyed some rest time and family time together! It didn't feel like Labor Day at all. There were no thoughts of hamburgers, swimming, or a holiday at all! I think we were all glad to be home. We cooked spaghetti and a salad that night so we invited my parent's over to eat with us. They did so much for us the last week and my mom cooked so many meals we thought it was only right for us to do that. It was nice visiting with them again and ofcourse Colby enjoyed having them around!
Tuesday Austin was off again..it was great he had a few days off so we could get settled back in! He and Colby took a trip to Hattiesburg that day to pick up our dog. When we evacuated we left her with Austin's parents and they had been caring for her. We didn't want to bring her home until we had power. I know Colby had a blast and probably thought he was big stuff going on a trip with just daddy. From what I hear he had a great time! They ate lunch out and played at mawmaw and pawpaws for a couple hours. Meanwhile Lindsay and I went to Gymrompers. I decided to go ahead and enroll her this Fall. It will mean a busy fall for us but since she is so mobile I figured it would be good for her. It will also be nice for her to be around other children. She did so well! We were running late but the owner let us stay for part of the next class too! She was in awe of the teacher and her singing. She also crawled and explored some. She didn't seem scared at all. She did things Colby would never do! Colby always liked Gymrompers but he was more clingy to me! I think Lindsay will be more social then her big bro! Once we got home her and I just enjoyed the quiet until the boys got back. That evening we just had a low key night the 4 of us!
Wednesday Austin was off again! It was also Colby's 1st day of school. He only went for an hour and a half though...it was more of a preview day. He didn't have to be there until 10 so we were able to have a little bit more of a laid back morning. Austin kept Lindsay while I brought Colby to school. It was nice to just have to worry about him. I think Austin also enjoyed spending time with Lindsay. After dropping Colby off I met a friend for coffee! Wow that was so nice! It was the first time in a LONG time I have done something like that! She brought her baby but he was really good. I was glad though I didn't have my 2 to worry with. After coffee I got Colby from school and we picked up lunch and headed home. That afternoon he and Austin ran some errands and washed the vehicles. Its nice that he gets to spend time like that with Austin and it helps me get housework done and deal with Lindsay. That night we cooked dinner and just enjoyed being together as a family.
Thursday Austin went back to work and Colby was off school. We decided to take the morning and go work at the church nursery. We were scheduled to do that last week but Hurricane Isaac had different plans. We are trying to get the classrooms ready for promotion Sunday which should have been last week but will now be this week. We are moving and creating new classes this year. Instead of just a toddler class like we have had the last 2 years we will now have a 1 year old class and a 2 year old class. Lindsay will be promoting to the 1 year old class even though she isn't 1 just b/c she is so mobile! Well I knew it would be hard to focus on work bringing 2 kids but I had no other choice. My mom met us up there. The kids did really well at first...Lindsay lasted about an hour and a half which is good for her. I felt bad that I couldn't stay longer but she was miserable after that. My mom and Colby stayed and finished up the work. It was nice to come home with just Lindsay and enjoy some quiet time with her. My parents kept Colby that afternoon. It was nice to get a long break like that plus with him going to school now 5 days a week they won't see him as much! So it was a good thing for everyone! He even got to go swimming! Austin worked really late that night so I was glad I had the break. I had to feed, bathe, and put both kids to bed. It wasn't too bad though...Lindsay was in bed for 7 and I had Colby in bed by 8. I just hated we didn't see Austin at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment