Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 4- Castaway Cay












On day 4 we went to Castaway Cay. This was probably my favorite day. We began the day early again with breakfast then got off the boat. Our first thing was a Glass Bottom Boat Tour. It was pretty cool but the boat was crowded, it was hot, and the waves were pretty rough. I didn't really feel sick but I think Austin and Colby did. It was neat to go out in the ocean and see fish up close but I don't think any of us thought it was as cool as we thought. After the boat Colby was really anxious to hit the beach. We quickly found some chairs in the shade and got to it! Colby loved the beach water! This water was clear and calm so it was basically like a swimming pool. It was also shallow enough for him to stand! He loved it! I stood in the water for a little while but then I went and rested in the shade and let the boys have fun! I figure I gotta soak this up now b/c in a few years when we go back with Lindsay I will probably have to be out there too playing lifeguard!
By 11 we were all getting tired and hot and hungry. So we went to the showers to clean up then headed out for lunch. They provide a big bbq on the island. They had these shaded pavillion things to eat in! The lunch was soo good! Colby loved it! After eating we went back onto the boat. Colby wanted to enjoy the pools and we figured it would be a good time b/c most people would be out on the island. We were right the pools were empty! My original plan was to go on up to the room and shower and rest but when I got up there our room had yet to be cleaned so I knew the housecleaner would be coming shortly. So I went and hung out by the pool with the boys. After about 30 min we decided to go back to our room. We knew everyone needed a nap! That night was Pirate Night so we would be up late. We took naps and hung out in our room. It was nice I was able to enjoy the balcony and read some too.
That night our dinner was in Animator's Palate. The night was Pirate Themed. I think this was Colby's favorite restaurant b/c of all the colors and cartoons around. They also gave the children light up pirate cups. It was a fun night! After dinner we went to the Pirate Show. We actually had a really good spot...but Colby was STILL not into it! He would light up when a character would walk by us but other then that he was just in a bad mood. I am not sure why the shows didn't appeal to him?!? After the show we left to go play putt-putt again! He loved this! That night we were later getting to bed. We had him bathed and in his pjs but around 10:30 they shot fireworks. We decided to not fight the crowd to see them so we saw them from our balcony! i think Colby was a little scared though b/c they were so loud! We had a great day and I still think this was my boy's favorite day!

No comments:

Post a Comment