Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Patch






Colby had a field trip Wednesday to the Pumpkin Patch at his school. I ofcourse signed up to go and help. I decided to go ahead and bring Lindsay with me since it was at 10 and it was at his school. This is the first "school" event I have brought her to. I have to say it was HARD! I know why I usually leave her with my mom!
It wasn't that she was bad it was just she was fussy from just sitting in the stroller plus she was tired and hungry but we made it.
The 3 classes (3s, 4s, and 5s) split up according to class and went around the pumpkin patch to do various activities. Colby's group started out under the tent to hear stories. I am glad Colby is so independent now so he didn't need much of my attention. I was just happy to see him in action. I think he was happy we were there even though we didn't get to interact with him a whole lot. I love seeing how much he has matured and grown up. He's been at this school now for 3 years. I think now he totally feels like Big Man on Campus. He knows everyone and feels totally comfortable. I think back to his 2 year old pumpkin patch field trip he was a timid little toddler. He will so miss this school next year! He's already counting on being in the 5 year old class. I was happy to see he seems to listen very well when it comes to his teachers and the activities. I can also see he does get caught up in mischief with the other boys though but nothing bad just little boy mischief! After the story they went and did a craft. This is when Lindsay started to get fussy so I was a little distracted. I did notice though how precise Colby decorated his corn craft. My little Type A. After the craft time they just toured the pumpkin patch and took pictures with the teacher. This is when Lindsay and I got to talk to him the most. He seemed happy to show us pumpkins! After they walked around the classes all enjoyed a snack. They got apple cider and powdered donuts. Well by this time Lindsay had had enough! I asked Colby if she could have a bite of his donut...his teacher overheard me so she got one just for Lindsay! Well that stinker ate the entire thing! I would have never let 10 month old Colby have a treat like that ...just shows you give in more easily with the 2nd...I can't imagine if we had a third!
We left after the snack! i am glad we got to join him! I can't believe next year Lindsay will be going and she will be in the 2 year old class!

No comments:

Post a Comment