Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 5 -At Sea







The last day we were at sea all day. This was our most relaxing day. We were in no hurry that morning to wake up since there were no deadlines of getting off the boat to be at point a..then b..etc. We got up and ate breakfast at a restaurant instead of the buffet. It was nice to avoid the rat race! After breakfast austin and Colby went swimming. They lasted about an hour. I sat in the shade and read my book. The pools started getting SO crowded though it was miserable. At that point they decided it was time to go. They went back to get changed and we just walked around and enjoyed the boat. Colby wanted to play "hockey" so we let him do that. After lunch we all went to take naps. After naps we mainly stayed in our room and packed up our suitcases so we wouldn't have to do that later in the evening. So glad we did! Dinner that evening was back in Animator's Palate. After dinner we took Colby for putt-putt one last time per his request. After that we went to the show. I really wanted to see the show the last night b/c it was said to be the best one. I thought Colby would enjoy it too but boy was I wrong...he didn't want to be there at all. It was frustrating so we ended up leaving half way through. We got back to our room and just got ready for the trip home. We let him stay up and play some that night.
The next day we got started bright and early. We got off the boat at 7 and were to the airport by 8. Our flight left at 11:50. We had breakfast in the airport. We were able to kill some time with looking in shops, reading, the iPad, etc. The flight went well on the way home but boy Colby was ready to get out of there. He was ready to get home and see the grandparents and his baby sister! It was so great seeing Lindsay! She greeted us when we got home. She looked at me puzzled at first and cuddle up to my mom but once she realized who it was she couldn't stop giggling. It was precious! It was the same way when we left Colby that time! I love seeing that look in there face! Precious! I will never forget it!
I am so thankful we were able to take this trip with our big boy! It was really nice bonding time with him. We missed Lindsay and talked about our next trip when she turns 4! We had a great time though and I think we made the right choice leaving her. We missed her but she was in great hands. She would have not been happy in the confines of a boat. Colby had a blast! I think his favorites were the characters, the pool, and the beach! It was so worth seeing him light up each time he saw a character! I know he will always remember this trip! I can't believe my big boy has now been to Disney World and a Disney Cruise at 4 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment