Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Fun

Well I am happy to say our weekend got better from Friday. As you know Friday was a rough day! I was emotionally and physically spent after that day!
Saturdays used to not mean much to me as a stay at home mom. They were like every other day. Usually Austin works and before Colby was in school 5 days a week they were just a normal day for us. Now that we have to be somewhere every other day of the week I LOVE Saturdays! I love that we don't have to wake up to an alarm. I love that I can fix cinnamon rolls for Colby and we can hang out in our pjs. I love that we spent the morning watching cartoons!
Fall came to NOLA late Friday night...so Saturday was cold and gorgeous! I love this time of year! Well I knew with our no plans for Saturday and the cool weather a park visit was a must! We haven't been to the park much since Lindsay was born but we have not been at all since summer. With Colby's school schedule and Lindsay not being old enough to enjoy it yet and our Saturdays have been full.
I invited 2 other mom friends and their children to join us. I figured it would be more fun for me and Colby. Colby loves the park but usually gets bored quick if we are the only ones out there. One of my friends has 4 kids and the other 1 so between us there were 7 kids just in our group! Colby had plenty of entertainment needless to say! I think he really enjoyed the cold weather! Lindsay did ok but she is not one to enjoy "sitting" in the stroller! I know she can't wait till she can run around the park too! We stayed out there about an hour. It was so nice! After the park we just came home and enjoyed a low key rest of the day at home. We have also been taking evening walks every night for the last couple of weeks! I am really enjoying this for many reasons. It helps pass the time before Austin gets home, the weather is SO nice, the kids love it! I just enjoy getting to talk to Colby on these walks too!
Sunday was another great day! We had church. This was the first time I would be alone taking both kids to church completely alone! When I went alone at Metairie I always had my parents to depend on once we got there to help with the kids or getting stuff to and from the car. I was a little nervous but we made it just fine! Now granted it wasn't really easy I felt like I was juggling everything and needed 6 hands! But I have to say Colby was such a HUGE help to me! He was such a little man! I think he and Lindsay both did well in their classes. The rest of the day was very low key. Our lifegroup was cancelled that evening due to Halloween this week and the Saints game. I honestly didn't mind b/c I was so tired! Plus Austin ended up being late anyway so we probably would have missed most of it! It was nice to have the evening at home and watch the Saints game even though they lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment