Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jambo & 80th Anniversary!

Austin was off this weekend which was spectacular! We had a pretty low key Friday. Colby had school and we spent most of the day around the house.
Saturday was so nice having him home and ofcourse we did the whole birthday party thing! That afternoon we stayed home and enjoyed some family time.
While on facebook that afternoon I noticed that a yellow lab was lost in our neighborhood. I hoped we could take a walk later and see if we would see him. Sure enough Austin and Colby went for a walk and Lindsay and I met up with them late that afternoon. While walking we saw the dog. I knew about the dog and that he was lost, but Austin did not. I explained it to Austin and told him I felt we needed to bring him home. I couldn't stand the thought of him wandering around all night and either someone taking him or him getting hit by a car. So we brought him home with us! We weren't sure what we were going to do with him but we figured atleast we already had one lab what was one more?!? I posted on facebook that we had him. We didn't hear from any owners that evening. We fed him and let him sleep on our back patio. I think we all enjoyed having him around. I wished we could keep him honestly. We named him Jambo. He was really big compared to Allie.
Sunday morning we woke up and still no word from Jambo's family. We went on to church. This was our first Sunday all being home and going to Calvary as a family of 4. Austin has met us there twice and last week it was just Lindsay and I. It was nice going together! We have a new routine and its so nice. We are able to have a much slower paced Sunday morning which is great. I was very excited about this Sunday since it was the 80th Anniversary of Calvary. Calvary Baptist Church has meant so much to me my entire life. Even though we have been gone from the church the last 10 years I still feel so connected there. I spent the first 20 years of my life around that place! I also went to school there then returned to teach there. It was a wonderful service! i am so excited about returning to church there! I feel so excited and happy about things! I am thankful for this new adventure. They had a lunch afterwards but we decided to come home with Lindsay. My parents came so they and Colby stayed for the lunch. It would have just been so hectic trying to get her settled down somewhere and eat our food and taking the chance of her crying. Plus with the Saints game on and lifegroup that night we felt our afternoon was already short.
That afternoon we also made some phone calls about Jambo. We tried to call PAWS to see if they would take him. They wouldn't...they did say we could bring him by to get him scanned to see if he had a microchip. Well we tried to load him up and Jambo had nothing to do with that! By that point I think Austin was really getting worried about what we would do with him. I would have loved to have kept him but the expense of 2 dogs is mostly what worried me. We went on to Lifegroup that night. We had a great evening there. I feel like we have already been so blesed by that group. Its so nice to get together with a group of people our age. Colby has a blast playing with Christiano too! Well when we got back out to the car I noticed I had a message on facebook about Jambo. Well when we got home we had a missed call about him. Sure enough we called and the owners were trying to get in touch with us! We were so relieved! Austin even said he prayed about it during lifegroup...wow what an awesome testimony that God even cares about animals surely how much he must care and watch over us. He took care of Jambo. I believe the whole situation he worked out. I have no idea why he allowed that dog to get loose and us have the soft spot in our hearts to take him in but the whole story is honestly kind of neat. I also think it was a good lesson for Colby about doing the right thing and being kind...even to animals. We waited outside with Jambo for his owners. They were so happy to see each other and were so relieved that their dog was safe. I know I would want the same for our dog if she happened to get out! They offered us money and ofcourse we would not take it...it honestly wasn't a big deal at all since we already have 1 lab. Jambo's real name was Charlie...it was a nice adventure having him for a night I think we all enjoyed meeting him and now even miss him a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment