Thursday, January 10, 2013

Blessings in Disguise

Well I will admit I have been feeling a little BLAH the last few days. With being sick and having sick kids I have had a case of the BLAHS! I know I have whined and complained. I have felt like Colby has been home sick more then he's been at school well. Then I thought: I am so lucky to get to stay at home with him and get to be with him on sick days, I am blessed that even though he's been sick it hasn't been anything life threatening, I am blessed that we have made many good memories despite being sick!
So Monday I really thought Colby would be well enough for school. We layed low on Sunday for this very reason. We skipped church and had a stay at home day. So Monday when Colby woke up I really thought he would go to school b/c Sunday night he really perked up and seemed to turn a corner. That morning he woke up a whiney mess and just had one crisis after another. He got so upset he said he didn't even want to go to school which shocked me! So I figured by that point we would be late anyway we might as well skip. I knew we needed to get out though and I knew Colby would be disapointed so I wanted to make it up to him and make it a fun day. I needed to run to his school to drop off his tuition checks so we did that then went to get a smoothie! He ofcourse loved that! Afterwards we went to the library for storytime. We don't get to make storytime often now with his school schedule although I do hope to start taking Lindsay. They both seemed to really enjoy it! Colby acted out a little he tried to crawl around and act like Lindsay but he was pretty good and I was VERY proud of her! Even though she crawled around she actually did WAYY better then he did at that age. She seemed to enjoy the music especially. After the storytime and craft I let him pick out one DVD to take home. We came home and enjoyed the rest of the day from home. Even though I was bummed he missed school we ended up having a great day!
Tuesday Austin was off. Colby went back to school that day. We ended up sending him to lunch bunch to make up for Monday. I feel like he missed so much school in November and December that we have been paying tuition for him to stay at home so I was going to get my money's worth this week haha! They were fine with him staying. It gave Austin and I a little more time plus since the maid was here cleaning it worked out for the best. Lindsay started her new session of GymRompers too. This semester she has to go on Tuesdays which I don't really like b/c once I start back to Bible Study I am not sure how we will make them but I will figure that out at that point! Lindsay had a blast and was WAY braver then she usually is. She crawled everywhere and started climbing things. Usually I told Austin she would just stay on the mat. She would crawl around some but never crawled up things or got off the mat like she did! He was impressed! I was too how much she has changed since the last class in December! After her class we went to eat at McAlister's. It was nice just spending some 1 on 1 time with her. Usually Colby steals the show when its all 4 of us especially with Austin. After we ate we came home to rest until it was time to get him. That afternoon we just had a low key evening around the house!
Wednesday Austin was off again and Colby had school. Austin brought him b/c I had a hair appointment later that morning so that way I could do a few things around the house while they were gone. It was nice not having to rush off and take my time getting ready. I enjoyed my 2 hour hair appointment. Its nice to just sit in quiet and not have 2 children needing me. I was thankful for Austin watching Lindsay! It was hard to carry on a conversation with my hair dresser b/c I have a really bad cough and so everytime I would talk I would start coughing. That afternoon we once again stayed at home and enjoyed the afternoon together. We spent some time outside and even took a family walk!
Update on sickness: Colby is ALL better except for coughing sometimes when he runs around or gets excited. Lindsay is fine except she is getting her 1 year molars so she is whiney from that. Austin never got sick. I am the worst off right now. I have lost my voice and still have a sore throat and coughing a lot especially when I talk a lot...which is hard not to do when you have kids! I hope by this weekend I will be over all this mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment