Wednesday, January 30, 2013

GymRompers Bully

So since Lindsay has been attending Gymrompers there has always been this older boy who picks on her. He's about 2 1/2 and for some reason he has always wanted to annoy her. At first I thought it was just b/c maybe he liked her but didn't know how to show it. But each week his behavior becomes worse and worse. I have tried to just ignore it in hopes that he would stop. His mom just sort of blows it off. The mom is very friendly and I have enjoyed meeting her and I think she really cares about Lindsay and she tries to protect Lindsay from him but she also never punishes this boy when he hurts her. He has several times "hurt" her and leaves her crying. He has hit her, poked her in the eye, thrown a ball at her face, pushed her, shoved her, and taken toys from her. I am not an "overprotective mom" at all! I have never freaked out I usually just smile and try to comfort Lindsay. I try to not freak out b/c I don't want Lindsay to freak out. I want my kids to be tough and be able to shake that kind of stuff off b/c I know there will always be kids like that in the world. But yesterday I had had enough...he comes and picks on Lindsay for no reason. I feel like she can't even fully enjoy herself anymore b/c everything she tries to do he follows her or tries to take from her. Plus yesterday he was incredibly mean to every kid in the class. He hurt a couple of the other kids. Well I am not a confrotational/tattle tale mom at all but I had enough! I called the owner yesterday afternoon and she said I wasn't the only one complaining. She said he has one more chance next week and if he doesn't behave they will have to ask him to leave. I hate to be that way but its not fair for me to pay money for my child to come home being hurt and beat up the whole hour. I know the other parents are getting sick of it too!
Lindsay is really doing well at GymRompers though. Her latest thing is understanding when its time to pick up she actually tosses the toys back into the basket. She seems to really enjoy herself. Since the new semester started she is a lot braver and explores the entire place. She climbs really well too! I hope that we can get this little situation taken care of so she can enjoy it even more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment