Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Sickness of the New Year

Well in following our traditional January sickness its the first week of January and we are all sick once again! It started with Colby and a runny nose a couple days ago. We are now on day 3 with him. He's got a wet cough, runny nose, stuffy nose, and you can tell he just doesn't feel good. So far no real fever if he has run fever its been only a degree.
He's done pretty well today was probably the worst he felt...usually day 3 or 4 is the worst so tomorrow will be our tell tale day. I am hoping its just a typical cold and nothing more. Usually our January mess is a "cold" although last year we all had RSV which was no fun. I am praying it doesn't turn into that mess!
Lindsay has started with a runny nose and maybe a slight cough...I figure she is on Day 2. I feel a little stuffy in my head so I am probably on day 2 as well. Thankfully it didn't affect Colby going back to school Thursday or Friday. He has been sleepier then mormal but he also had a very busy few days with no nap so part of it is him catching up from that I'm sure. Lindsay has seemed her same self so I think tomorrow will tell us if she is going to get any worse.
Well today Sunday things were about the same. Lindsay seems fine so I think she's ok. Colby was about the same stuffy head, slight cough. He just doesn't seem himself. We skipped church just as I figured we would. Even if we were all well it would have been hard b/c it was a cold, rainy morning and getting 2 little kids to church alone is hard enough much less in those weather conditions! I hated to stay at home all day but there wasn't much we could do. No park, no walk...we finally braved the weather to go get a king cake! I figured since it was King's Day and all I wanted to do something for Colby to cheer him up!
I think its just a bad sinus cold b/c he doesn't even have a bad cough unless that is yet to come. We finally gave in tonight and bought him mucinex for kids. It seems to have already helped. I am hoping with another dose of that he can go to school tomorrow! He will be so sad to miss!
I am ready to get back into the routine too! Plus I was planning a fun morning with Lindsay. We may stop and see a friend, go to the grocery store and maybe even the library for story time.
If you read this pray for Colby, myself, my mom, and my brother though. We are all the ones sick. So far my mom, Colby, and brother have it worse then me though! Hopefully we can get past this funk and enjoy the rest of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment