Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Zoo Day

Since Colby was out of school today for MLK day I wanted to bring him to do something special. We decided to meet our friends Casee, Jax and Mason at the zoo. Its nice to have someone I have grown up with with kids around the same ages. It was my first MAJOR outting with 2 kids! And I have to say it went well but it wasn't easy! We got to see a lot though considering we had 4 kids under 5! The boys mainly just wanted to run and play though. They spent a lot of time on Monkey Hill. I think we could have stayed an extra hour with them but the younger siblings were getting tired. I hated I couldn't pay much attention to Lindsay. She just had to sit in the stroller and munch on snacks! I hope Austin and I can take them back soon so that we can let her get out of the stroller and really see the animals and explore.
Colby had a great time but was upset we didn't stay longer and that we didn't play on the playground. I usually let him go/do whatever he wants when we are there by ourselves. Since we are members I don't ever feel like we have an agenda when going. I warned him though that when we go with other people we have to follow their lead. It worked out well though. They got to see a lot of animals: Elephants, tigers, bear, lion, leopard, gorilla, monkeys, giraffes, rhino, and more! I hope we can go back soon and Austin can join us so I can let Lindsay "experience" more of the zoo! It was a fun way to spend his day off of school though!

No comments:

Post a Comment