Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Vacation Fun

We are trying to make the most of Colby's vacation from school! I am loving having him home! Now that he is in 5 day a week school I just love having time at home with him. He and Lindsay have had so much fun playing together! Its been so neat to watch! I know she is going to miss him so much when he starts back to school next week! We have tried to do plenty fun things and I think we have suceeded...between the children's museum, time with daddy, trip to MS and other things he has had a very busy, fun time! I especially wanted to make up for the fact that he was sick all of Thanksgiving break!
Wednesday I took both kids to the park. My mom met us there. It was freezing cold but Colby still had a blast running around! Lindsay stayed in the stroller since she's not quite walking yet but I think she enjoyed watching her big bro!
Friday I wanted to take the kids out to do something fun again. I had thought about City Park but the forecast called for rain so I decided against that so we went to an indoor bounce place. I had invited a friend to meet us but they couldn't go so I asked my parents to meet us there. I figured it would be nice to have someone to talk to plus I thought I might need help with both kids. We got there and we ended up having all kinds of friends there which was great! Half of my MOPS group and Colby's school were there! Colby had a blast since he knew a lot of the kids! I enjoyed having other moms to visit with. My parents were also there and they were a lot of help b/c at one point my dad had to go rescue Colby from the top of a slide and my mom helped keep an eye on Lindsay. Lindsay and I left around 11...it was her lunch and naptime. Colby was not ready to leave since so many of his friends were there! My parents were keeping him that night anyway so they said they would stay with him longer and just take him home for the afternoon. They even ended up going to Lakeside mall! Needless to say he had a GREAT day with Grammy & Grandaddy! I enjoyed the quiet day with Lindsay. Since Colby has been out of school I haven't had many quiet days so it was nice! I enjoyed just relaxing and playing with her! Austin came home that night and we enjoyed takeout!
Saturday I went early to pick Colby up. Since I only had 1 child to dress and get ready we were out the door by 9. Since we picked Colby up so early I wanted to bring the kids somewhere before coming home! We decided on the library. On our way to the library we saw Aunt Lizzie pulling in their street so we made a quick stop off there! I think that was Lindsay's first visit and Colby always enjoys going to their house! Afterwards we went on to the library. Colby wanted to watch his "show" on the computer so I let him do that and Lindsay and I checked out books Colby wanted to stay longer but she was getting hungry and sleepy so we left. It was a fun visit though! I think Lindsay is to the point where I need to start taking her for storytime. Colby was 1 when I first brought him. So that may be something for us to do when he's in school.
Sunday Austin was off so we were excited about going to church as a family. This was also the first Sunday in over a month that we just had church and that was it! It was a great service! Wonderful way to start the New Year! We came away with some goals as a family. We plan to have a 15 minute quiet time as a family each night. During this time all electronics have to be turned off, you can read your Bible or devotional or pray. I hope to increase it to 30 minutes eventually but with a 4 year old 15 minutes is a long time in his book! I hope this is something we can do from now on! Its really been a blessing! Its a nice time to unwind and just unplug from the world. The kids both did well in their classes Sunday and I think were happy to be back to see their friends! That afternoon we rested and just enjoyed the day at home! That evening we roasted hot dogs in the backyard! It was a fun memory!


No comments:

Post a Comment