Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend





Whew well I haven't blogged all week! Its been busy! Austin was working like crazy preparing for SuperBowl and Mardi Gras. He was late every night so it was me and the kids all week. Colby had school all week. Lindsay and I had Gymrompers and ran errands. Now the weekend is here and we are enjoying the break from routine and the awesome weather we have been blessed with!
Saturday Austin worked so I took the kids over to my parent's house to hang out. It was also the first and only parade that would pass by their house this year so I figured it would be a good time to bring colby. I hope Lindsay can make a parade this year but I couldn't handle them both by myself. My mom stayed with Lindsay and my dad walked with Colby and I to the parade. At first I thought it was going to be a wash out...Colby got upset at first b/c he didn't catch something off the first float. Then he spotted a pair of blue beads on the ground that he had his eye one. I told him as soon as there was a break in the parade I would run out and get them...well before I got a chance someone else scooped them up! He was devastated! I really wondered how the rest of the parade would go but once he caught a stuffed snake a couple pairs of blue beads he started having a blast! I was so thankful! The parade was only about 35-40 min long so we made it back to my parent's house about 12:30. I decided since Lindsay wasn't asleep yet to just bring her back home and let Colby play over there awhile. I hated to run out but I had stuff that needed to be done here plus I knew Lindsay would nap better at home.
We rested that afternoon then both Austin and Colby got home around 5. It was nice to have a quiet Saturday night as a family.
Sunday we were so excited to find out that austin was going to be off! I really enjoy going to church as a family but its also SO much easier for me to have his help! Sunday mornings are also so nice now that we don't have to leave for church until 10. We have a nice leisurely breakfast and take our time getting ready! The kids both seem to enjoy their classes and I love going to worship service! Every week I just feel so refreshed and renewed and ready to take on another week. I have really felt God convicting me lately of my judgemental attitude towards others. I know I don't have it all together but some days I know I judge others and I shouldn't. After church we decided to go out to eat as a family. We haven't done this in quite awhile and I figured out WHY! It was a mess! I felt like I hardly tasted my food just inhaled it. Colby was climbing the walls literally! And Lindsay was tossing more food on the floor then she was allowing to get in her mouth. it was pure craziness! I would much rather pick up Wendy's and come home and eat on my couch where the kids can act like hooligans in our own house lol! Anyway it was nice though to not have to cook or clean up! We have felt convicted lately also of our spending especially on take out. So eating out really is a treat...we are trying to only do it maybe 2 times a week. Its just getting so expensive with 2 kids and we are trying to save our money plus use it for better purposes. Once we got home I figured we would have a nice long nap but I was wrong. Lindsay maybe slept for 45 min and Colby never slept. I guess he has outgrown naps officially...I mean he may take one once in awhile now but he hasn't slept during the day in almost 2 weeks! That night we had lifegroup which also makes for a short afternoon but its SO worth it! Last night we had a HUGE group! Everyone was there plus we had a new couple! Our friends Casee and Alex were there too! There were so many kids! 3 preschoolers and 4 babies! We are loving lifegroup though! Its so nice to spend that time with friends our age! Its really meant a lot to us! Sunday nights though by the time we get home we are all wiped out! My parents kept Lindsay for us but she fell and got a goose egg while we were gone. They were soo worried but she was fine! They kept her awake so we could check her but as soon as I saw she was fine we put her to bed. Colby always crashes too! Anyway it was a great weekend and thankful for it! Love the break in the weeks routine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment