Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years 2013

We had a great New Years around here! Austin was off New Years Eve which was unusual. We made it a family day since Austin was working new years day and Colby would be starting back to school later in the week.
We took the kids to a park in Metairie by the lake. This is one of our favorite parks in the city and we only get to visit it once or twice a year just b/c of its location. Both had a great time! There were other kids out there which always makes it more fun for Colby. This is the first time we went to a park and Lindsay got out of the stroller. She isn't walking yet so I had to help her but she had a great time! Its so much more fun to go places now that she can have fun too and she is less on a schedule so I don't feel like we are watching our watch the whole time either! She loved climbing up the steps. It amazes me how well she already can climb! It seemed like it took Colby awhile to figure out steps. She also has discovered she loves slides! She didn't like them a few weeks ago but ever since we went to the bounce place she thinks slides are great! So she spent most of the time on the slide! It was a good workout for me having to lift her MANY times so she could slide down. she would slide down sitting, laying down, or on her tummy! She was a mess!
After playing at the park for about an hour we went to lunch at Panera Bread. We all love that place but since its in Metairie we have only been 1 other time. It was in August I think. Its amazing how much Lindsay had grown up since then. She had her own bowl of mac n cheese. Its so much more fun to go places now with her that her schedule is more flexible and she can eat what we eat! Its also nice that she too has fun at the park now!
That afternoon we just enjoyed being back at home. austin and Colby worked outside and went to buy fireworks. We wanted to shoot some small ones for him. He has never stayed up until midnight but we always try to walk him outside before bed to see some of the early fireworks. He loves them! That evening we had fun popping fireworks....even Lindsay thought they were SO fun! We had the kids in bed though at normal time. Austin and I were both even in bed before 11! Since austin had to work the next day and with 2 kids to keep up with staying up till midnight was not important to either of us!
New Years day...Austin had to work. I was thankful for a slow morning though. We hung out in our pjs ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast and just enjoyed a low key morning. Once we were dressed and ready we went over to my parent's house for New Years lunch. Lunch was at 12:30 but since we had nothing else to do we went early. Plus this gave the kids some time to play before everyone got there and it got crazy. Lindsay kept me busy...she is in that stage of exploring and getting into EVERYTHING! I had to constantly watch her. She also wanted to go up the stairs a million times! I definitely feel like I got a work out that day! Colby mainly kept my dad busy. Before everyone I arrived I put Lindsay down for her nap. I was worried she wouldn't sleep b/c lately when we try to put her down at my parent's house she screams and cries and refuses to sleep. Luckily I think she wore herself out! She fussed for a minute or 2 then got quiet. She stayed in her bed until about 2 which was so nice! I remember this stage with Colby. It is hard to enjoy the holiday gathering when you are constantly chasing a 1 year old so it was nice to have a breather. When I got her up at 2 she was in a great mood. We ate dessert and visited for awhile longer before heading home! We were all exhausted by the time we got home. Colby fell asleep in the car and I had to lay down when we got home while Colby watched tv and I think I dozed! Holidays are fun but tiring especially the holidays I have the kids by myself and Austin works! But we had fun!
2012 was a great year! We saw Lindsay grow from a newborn to a little toddler girl! Colby transitioned from a 3 to 4 year old and grew up so much the latter part of the year! He is so independent now! Which is so nice b/c he really is a great help to me! We had a few illnesses but thankfully nothing major! We look forward to what 2013 holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment