Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

Well we had a good weekend around here! Friday I took the kids swimming at my parent's house. We ofcourse had a great time! The kids love the water. There were a few spats about balloons but otherwise they were both sweet and had fun! Its so funny to watch sibling rivalry already! That afternoon we all took naps. Colby had tennis lessons that evening. Austin met us there this week. His coach decided to turn his lessons into 30 min private lessons at 6 rather then hour long sessions with other kids at 5. I was thankful for this..1 hour is really too long for a 4 year old! Colby ended up doing really well! The main coach worked with him this time and Colby did a lot better. You could tell this coach was more used to working with young children. It was nice having Austin there with me especially since I had Lindsay there. Lindsay did wayy better then I expected. It was hot though poor thing was beat red! But she held in there like a trooper! We picked up pizza after and all went to bed early! Well little did we know that night Lindsay would keep us awake half the night. She cried/screamed from 2am until 5am! This was very unusual for her and we still aren't sure what caused it. Maybe overtired from the heat and swimming and staying up late? I guess we will never know!
Needless to say Saturday I was pretty tired and grumpy and once again Austin had to work. The kids and I had a low key morning and we went to Target and that was it! We got everything we needed and came home. I knew we all needed naps that afternoon! We didn't do much that day at all. I knew Sunday would roll around all to quickly and it would be VERY busy!
So Sunday was Father's Day but sadly in our house Austin had to work that day. So we went to church as usual. It was my week to teach the 3s and 4s. Colby has now promoted to the kindergarten class. This makes Sundays when I am by myself slightly more challenging. I go to my class to set up and get prepared but by the time I am finished with that I have children arriving. So then I have my 2 kids who need to get to 2 seperate places. Luckily for me my mom and dad were there Sunday and were able to help me out! I still have no idea how I would have gotten them to where they needed to go if I had been there alone. I miss having Colby in my class but I know its best for him to get adapted to other teachers and kids. Right now he's still feeling a little unsure of the "big kid" room but I know in time he will be at home there. Anyway so it was a busy morning for me. I was the only teacher with 6 kids...finally I went next door to the 2 year room and asked if they wanted to come help b/c they only had 1 kid. Which that worked out well there were 3 teachers and 7 kids! We were all still very busy though! After church we went straight on over to my parent's house. It was nice to go ahead and get settled with the kids before the rest of company arrived for lunch. The kids played and Lindsay ate her lunch early and I put her down for a nap before everyone arrived. She was definitely tired and ready. She's still at that age of being very hard to keep up with so I am glad she naps and gives me a chance to enjoy the visiting. Colby is really good about sitting at the table and conversing with the adults and then when he gets bored he goes and watches tv or plays by himself. It was a nice afternoon. I enjoyed spending time with my parent's and Randall and Elizabeth. Holidays on Sundays though are exhausting especially with young kids. We didn't get home until after 4! Needless to say it was an early bedtime for everyone!
We had a great weekend despite Austin working although we did miss him! I am so thankful for him and the wonderful father he is to our 2 children. I am also thankful for my dad who has been a true example of fatherhood to me my entire life! I am also thankful for a great father in law who raised a hardworking christian young man and who is a great paw-paw to my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment