Thursday, June 27, 2013

Daddy Days...

So Austin was lucky to have 3 days off this week! Oh how we loved having him home! Its always so great to have him home mid-week! Especially this summer b/c we have had such a crazy, busy routine.
Monday the kids had swim lessons. Its been nice that he has been able to come with us for that. I am glad he has been able to see the kids progress. Usually he only gets to go see Colby like once or twice so I am glad this time he saw them 5 times total! That afternoon we stayed around the house. It was nice to have a slower paced day. The boys did get out and run some errands but we mostly just had a relaxed day which was great! That evening I met Casee at B&N for our weekly Bible Study/girl time session. That time has done me so much good. Its a time we talk about the Bible study, work on the Bible study, and hold each other accountable for memorizing.
Tuesday was a CRAZY busy day! First off we had our maid and bug lady coming. I also had Bible Study. Austin stayed at home with Colby and I brought Lindsay with me. On days like that its just easier to divide and conquer. I know Colby enjoyed his time home with dad. I think Lindsay did ok at Bible Study but I think she def missed her big bro being there. I am so thankful for these Tuesday morning Bible Studies. I have been going now for a year and its been a life changer. It gets me deeper in the Word plus its something just for me and I get some downtime away from the kids. I had to leave early at 10 though to get myself and Lindsay ready for her lesson. The boys already left for swim when we got home. We quickly changed and headed there too. Both kids are doing so great. Colby has really gotten his confidence up and Lindsay is doing great no more tears! The only thing she is still not fond of is being flipped onto her back! After swim we came home and ate lunch and got the kids in their rooms for naps. Again it was a little crazy. We had a quiet afternoon but then had dinner with friends that evening! The children's minister Rick and his wife invited us over for pizzas. They have children close to our kids ages. They have a daughter who is 4. Colby knows her pretty well b/c they were in the same Sunday morning lifegroup until recently when Colby promoted up to kindergarten. They also have a daughter who is only 3 weeks younger then Lindsay. We enjoyed visiting with them while the kiddos played. Both kids did really well especially Lindsay who was out past her bedtime. I hope we can make this a regular thing with them so that our kids can grow up close!
Wednesday Austin was off again so we had a laid back morning before swim lessons. It was nice to not be rushing off anywhere. After swim lessons we came home to rest but we had different people here working so it wasn't as restful as usual. The boys got out and ran errands that afternoon. I have to say I enjoyed the quiet with just Lindsay. That night we had a nice homecooked meal and took a walk. We did a mile walk with both kids. Colby rode his bike and I pushed Lindsay in the stroller. I really wish we could get back to doing this every night. It sure was hot though but I know we would all feel better if we got that type of exercise each day! We hated to miss church but with the business of the week we decided to stay in. I hate keeping the kids out too many nights in a row so it was best for us all to have a calm night!
The rest of the week will just consist of swim lessons. Looking forward to wrapping them up. Its been a great experience but it will be nice to move on to something different next week! The kids have made great progress though and I am proud of them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment