Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend





We are enjoying another weekend! I can't believe how quickly they seem to roll around.
Friday was a VERY busy day! The kids finished up their 2 weeks of swim lessons! I am very proud of both of them! Its been nice having that activity daily to keep them busy and wear them out but I am glad that we can now add a little variety back to our lives! That afternoon we rested before gearing up for tennis lessons. This was Colby's 4th week of lessons. He's really learning a lot. His attention span is still lacking a little but he's hitting the ball a lot more and hitting it over the net which the coach said is great for his age! I am proud of how Lindsay has hung in there like a champ too while her big bro does these things! Its hot but she is a trooper during the lessons!
Saturday we had plans to go to a church picnic. It was a Volunteer Picnic. I was looking forward to going and I think Colby was too. It was at a new park that had a splash pad. Anyway austin had to work so I was going to bring Lindsay to my parent's I just wasn't sure about keeping up with them both out there and with it not starting until 11 she would be tired quickly. Well we woke up that morning to quite a thunderstorm. I quickly changed our plans. I was looking forward to it but I was also tired from the busy week we had. Anyway I had promised Colby a trip to the toystore after swim lessons b/c he was swimming by himself by the end of the week. I knew his feelings wouldn't be hurt. Plus this was a short outting that got us out the house but then we could be home the rest of the day. The kids enjoyed the toystore...it was nice to just let Colby walk around and not be in a hurry. He finally decided on a big Recycling Truck. Afterwards we came home by this time the weather cleared so the kids rode their bikes for a little while. We came in and played and then ate lunch and took naps. I guess they were tired from the busy week b/c they both took long naps. That afternoon my parents stopped by to visit. They didn't get to see the kids much all week with swim lessons going on. Ofcourse the kids always enjoy a visit from the grandparents although Colby was still grumpy b/c he wasn't awake yet and ended up getting punished from screaming.
Sunday Austin was off YAY! I also didn't have to work in the nursery so its always nice the Sundays we can all go to church and Austin and I can worship together. The kids are doing great in their classes. I'm so proud of Colby he's really doing well since moving upstairs. After church we did our usual pick up lunch and came home to rest. That evening we had LifeGroup. It was a great night there! Its just nice to have that time to connect with other adults and get ready for the week! We had 6 kids! Our group is just growing by leaps and bounds so they are talking about splitting us in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment