Monday, July 29, 2013

Library Playdate

So today I took the littles back to the library. Honestly I should have grocery shopped but our books were due back today plus I figured this would be the last time Colby would get to go for awhile. They did so good a few weeks ago when I brought them. I invited my friend Melissa and her children to meet us there. We got there early around 10ish so I let the kids pick out books and a movie before storytime. We finished that with still a few minutes to spare so I let Colby get on the computer and play a few games! He ofcourse loved that! Well we went and got settled for storytime and our friends arrived. Ella is 5 and will be in kindergarten with Colby and Eli is 3. Colby did really well having a friend to sit by. It made him venture off to sit on the rug with the rest of the kids and not hang onto me. Lindsay was a little restless though. She really likes the music part though. Well after storytime they make a little craft...Colby usually really likes this part and Lindsay did well last time too just sitting and watching but today they were both in meltdown mode! Not sure if they were just hungry/tired or what! Lindsay got set off about something...I think she started crying when we all got up off the rug then when she got over to the table Colby hit or pushed her and set her off again. At this point she was not having anything at all...she was making quite a scene. I was very flustered b/c Colby was smartmouthing and I was trying to talk to him plus help him with the craft. Lindsay when she cries she wants to get on the floor under something so that is what she did! The librarian came over to tell me she was stuck...I was like no m'am she's just pitching a tantrum she put herself there! Anyway one of those humbling motherhood experiences. I just felt like everyone was staring at me! I didn't get to visit with Melissa nearly as much as I had hoped either. Oh well it was still a nice outting. Colby did enjoy seeing his friend Ella. Afterwards we made a really quick stop at the grocery and came home!
I think the library takes the whole month of August off but I hope to start taking Lindsay by herself this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment