Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Park Playdate

Today was a free day for us so I promised the kids a trip to the park. I invited my friend Elizabeth K who has 5 kids. Colby is friends with Jonathan who is 5. I knew he would enjoy having some other kids to play with. Her son Grady is 2 and close to Lindsay's age as well although he recently promoted to the 2 year class and she's still in the toddler age group. Anyway all that said my kids should be entertained b/c they had no lack of friends.
We went to the park in Algiers Point. Colby always asks to go to that park and I don't always feel like making a 15-20 min drive that it takes to get there but I figured we had nothing else going on plus Lindsay had never been there! Colby had an absolute blast b/c there were a bunch of dump trucks set up out there and he and Jonathan played with that the whole time! I am not sure if he ever even got on the playground equipment. Lindsay on the other hand was extremely clingy to me...she didn't really want anything to do with playing. I am not sure if its b/c it was a new place and she was scared or what. We did end up staying about 2 hours! It felt good to spend that much time at a park and playing outdoors! I wish we had time to do that more often! It definitely made for good naptimes that afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment