Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Big 5!









So my baby boy turned 5 years old yesterday! 5 seems like such a big number to me! 5 is no longer a baby! 5 means big boy stuff and heading to real school...going off to kindergarten!
Colby is having a great summer although I think he does miss school. He loved preschool and did so well in it! This summer he has had tennis and swim lessons. We are excited about preparing him for kindergarten. Him and I have been doing "school" all summer. We have worked on shapes, colors, writing, patterns so far! He is coming along really well! I am proud of him for excelling in tennis and swim lessons also.
He has become a great eater. I guess now that he's getting older and he's so active he has quite the hearty appetite. He's not picky at all either which is great! I have no idea how big he is except that we wears a size 5T but can still wear size 4 bottoms. His shoe size is still size 11.
He is very friendly and has a wide range of friends. He is loving our new church and has really gotten close to several kids. He's sorta getting out of his shy phase but he can still be shy/quiet at times. He's pretty easy to please though and enjoys the simple things in life like playing outside. He LOVES animals and cars. We joke that he is so much like my dad he acts like a 70 year old man most of the time! I love his cautious little personality.
So we sure enjoyed his birthday! This was the first year since he was 1 that we all celebrated as a family ALL day! 5 seems like a big deal so we wanted to make a big day for him! We let him choose the activities for the day. He chose to go to the aquarium. I was glad he chose that b/c it had been quite awhile since we had been there. This was his first visit with his glasses and we could tell a HUGE difference. Poor baby probably couldn't see the fish before. B/c he was ooohing and ahhing as if he had never been there before. Some of it could be age and his natural interest in living things now but he was talking about all the animals. Lindsay I think enjoyed it too. She enjoyed looking at the fish...although we mostly carried her or put her in the stroller. She did enjoy playing in the interactive/play area though!
That night he chose to eat dinner at El Mesquite. It was such a nice family time. We had a great time just the 4 of us! The food was great and the company! Afterwards we took him to Parrot Pete's to pick a dessert. I hated I didn't have time to make him one but the rest of the week was just so busy.
I think he really enjoyed his birthday! We bought him train accessories for his train table, a blue scooter, and a large stuffed shark at the aquarium so he made out like a bandit!
He's really excited about his party Saturday at our house! I'm excited too it should be a fun time!
Update: At the doc Colby weighed 47 lbs and was 43 1/2 inches tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment